Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will face the most complex and up-to-date data challenges by helping our Annuities IT team to address their complex data management, reporting and analytics challenges using AWS Cloud Services, Informatica and Big Data Technologies to process the massive amount of data. You will be part of the highly dynamic software development team and will be involved in the solution design from the conceptual stage through the development and will be responsible to write complex data pipelines and ensure that these designs and development comply with Enterprise Standards while solving for business requirements.
- Create high performance data pipelines to support complex data integration workflows
- Develop automation programs, shell scripts and other utilities to support overall goal of end to end automation
- Produces a weekly status report documenting project health and progress
- Supports process flow analysis and ETL process design
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into key artifacts at a project level:
- Conceptual and Logical Data Model
- Data Flow Diagram
- Physical database design
- ETL Data Mapping documents
- Participate in user acceptance testing efforts as needed
- Participate in training design, documentation and delivery efforts in concert with other project team members
- Participate/Collaborate with Infrastructure, security team and other architects to ensure integrity and security of data architecture and solution design as per LFG Architecture and Info security standards
- Effectively work on plans and organizes work to ensure efficient delivery of results
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience (Minimum Required)
- 5 - 7+ Years experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- 3 years of experience in design and development of operational data stores, data warehouses and data marts
3 years of ETL experience in data acquisition, modeling, extraction, transformation, and loading
2 years of experience in developing reports using Tableau and SAP Business Objects
- Functional knowledge of relational database systems
- Data integrity concepts and data standardization
- Understanding of industry standard data models like ACORD
- Data modeling – Conceptual, Logical, and Physical
- SQL and SQL IDEs like TOAD
- Functional knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica
- Big Data – NO SQL Modeling, Hive, HBase, Pig, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redshift
- AWS Services and integrating data on cloud
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Possess a deep understanding and experience in the underlying development platforms/programming languages particular to the role
- Domain level expertise in one of the following is desired: Individual Life Insurance, Annuities, Group Insurance, or Retirement Plan Services
- Relationship management skills required
- Capable of acting as a thought partner and providing oversight to technical group on project execution #LI-AY1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.