Alternate Locations: Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Hartford, CT (Connecticut)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As the Specialist, Project Management, you will be responsible for providing project management support to one or more Project Managers and/or may be responsible for leading low complexity projects. You will assist more experienced project managers with the creation and maintenance of project management deliverables for assigned projects.will perform and deliver on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and communicates to management process improvements that reduce workloads or improves quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Manage and deliver low complexity projects, conforming to project management standards and processes as designated by his/her assigned area of responsibility, including applicable change control and project management methodology.
- Partner with Project Managers to gather estimates, then build and maintain the project schedule in appropriate schedule management tool.
- Applies foundational knowledge to provide recommendations for best methods for reporting and displaying data that enables the business areas to best manage their departments/teams.
- Provide resource management support by updating project resource allocations and milestones within the project schedule based on feedback from the Project Manager
- Create agendas for meetings, document issues, actions and decisions from meetings, and publish meeting minutes.
- Create presentation materials for project kick off, status and steering committee meetings.
- Assist in the collection, recording, tracking and analysis of project effort and financial information.
- Maintain project issue, risk, decision, and change logs.
- Maintain project artifacts in the project repository.
- Assist in the collection of project metrics and the creation of portfolio dashboard.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Promotes and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Performs and delivers on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)
- 1-3+ Years of experience in Project Management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated solid relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues).
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates solid project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.