Alternate Locations: St. Louis, MO (Missouri)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $253 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2017.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
As an on–call Benefits Counselor, you are responsible for effectively and professionally representing Lincoln Financial Group in all enrollment activities for all product offerings, which require a purchasing decision on behalf of the eligible employee and/or family member.
- Use in depth knowledge and understanding of all Employer Paid and Employee Paid offerings to enroll Lincoln products
- Provide complete on-site enrollment services to eligible employees and/or family members on site of the employer/Lincoln Financial Group client
- Engages customer at place of employment to educate, inform, and enroll Lincoln based products
- Conduct business on behalf of Lincoln Financial Group in a manner that supports a positive company image, is in compliance with all required rules and regulations and is ethical in all considerations
- Works independently and exercises discretion to offer creative employer on-site solutions
- Delivers “needs based” benefit presentations to diverse employee groups as well as presenting in a one on one method while collecting enrollment data using Lincoln Financials Enrollment tools for both new customers and re-enrolling customer support.
- Ensures that all applications and forms are in compliance with state and federal regulations, underwriting guidelines and company policies and procedures
- Maintains all necessary State insurance licenses for valid insurance business solicitation activities
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- Resident state life Health license required
- 3 – 5 + years of experience working with group enrollments and worksite insurance that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; especially Excel and is proficient with e-mail systems
- Solid oral and written skills; presentation skills a must. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure to handle rush requests, problem solve, and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to analyze problems and makes well-reasoned, sound decisions
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion; Displays drive and initiative
- Demonstrated planning skills including strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to prioritize work independently
- Ability to travel
- Ability to work various shifts #LI-POST
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Please note: if your initial application passes a first review, you'll receive a final application link via email.