# Job Description
Machine Operator - 3rd shift
11:00 PM - 7:30 AM
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms to various levels within the organization.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English fluently.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company's attendance standards.
- Ability to understand and follow directions given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use all necessary measuring and inspection equipment.
- Attention to detail.
- Read simple drawings and schematics.
- Ability to learn new specifications and procedures through on-to-job training and experience.
- Ability to work independently. When needed, be a part of a team which includes mechanics, technicians, fellow operators, and management to coordinate efforts to ensure that machines are used efficiently and work priorities are well managed.
- Able to train others.
- Able to read, interpret and react to CMM reports. Read computer-generated profile views of a piece being made in order to adjust the tooling appropriately. Interpret blueprints showing where the holes are to be placed in a piece of steel is preferred.
- Ability to interact with supervisors to take direction on job assignments, to seek clarification on unclear drawings or job instructions and to seek help when problems arise. Interact with co-workers, including mechanics, welders and machinists, to exchange tips about methods and procedures, to relay new information and safety precautions, to receive instructions or to instruct others how to perform new jobs.
- Possess good decision making skills to decide when to reset a machine if it is not cutting within tolerance levels and how to adjust or to change machine settings to improve the quality of pieces. Ability to refer to programming manuals to program machines.
- Ability to work independently. When needed, be a part of a team which includes mechanics, welders, machinists, fellow operators and management to co-ordinate efforts to ensure that machines are used efficiently and work priorities are well managed.
- Possess excellent computer skills to confirm measurements or adjust computer control (CNC) machinery, which is used to cut metal to specifications.
- Ability to learn new specifications and procedures through on-the-job training and experience. Receive training in first aid and the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS).
- Fit and assemble machined parts into complete units. Load parts into machines.
- Read simple blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Perform Pre-use/TPM inspections at the start of each shift and report any sub-standard conditions or hazards to supervisor..
- Verify parts for cleanliness, chip removal, and conformance to specifications sometimes using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, verniers, calipers, height gauges, optical comparators, or other specialized instruments.
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning of all conventional equipment as required.
- Adherence and ensure compliance to Policies and Procedures as detailed in the Employee Handbook and/or Standard Practice Manual.
- Work in a professional and cooperative manner with coworkers and management.
- Complete SPC charts.
- Perform all quality checks and ODS sheets.
- Train and provide guidance to incoming operators.
- Adhere to all H&S and environmental laws and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility's geographic location and The Global Operating System Plays, OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety management system standard, ISO 14001:2015, Environmental Management system standard, IATF 16949:2016 Technical Specification Management and Linamar Quality Basics system standards.
- Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate Linamar's Core Values and Leadership Behaviors.
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing facility/department Performance Indicators to align to Linamar's Stepping Stool of Success Strategy.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives as set out in LPS system requirements.
- Maintain department 5S requirements.
- Submit and implement lean & safety suggestions.
- Other duties as required.
Position Title: Machine Operator - 3rd shift (Automotive Manufacturing)
No. of Positions: 3
Geographic Location: Arden, North Carolina, USA
Facility: Linamar North Carolina(Pisgah Building)
Current Shift: Days
Employment Type: Full Time Hourly
Percentage of Travel Required: 1-10%
Removal Date: 12-Sep-2019