Business Intelligence Expert (remote)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
LinQuest is seeking a remote Business Intelligence Expert to join our team. US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance are required.
LinQuest solves the toughest problems for our clients by extracting insight from data and delivering greater decision confidence. Our analysts are involved in a wide range of activities that range from understanding and transforming data, applying state of the art analytic techniques, and driving business impact through insight visualization. Our analysts are leveraged across a of range of projects, such as advanced analytics, business intelligence, and application development.
As a Business Intelligence Expert, you will be on the leading edge of transforming data into valuable insights. The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in data and business analysis, along with analytical and communication skills. The candidate should have strong experience using a variety of data visualization tools, with a proven ability to setup the data layer and extend the business intelligence environment with necessary scripting. Analyst candidate must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for visual storytelling with data and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Candidates must possess hands on experience developing Business Intelligence solutions with tools such as Tableau and Qlik. Expected to deliver in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment. Must thrive in satisfying analytic requirements from diverse user base. Expected to be able to adapt quickly to changing needs across several core areas, including data wrangling, data exploration, data analysis, and data visualization. Must have the knowledge and communication skills to articulate trade-offs between analytic techniques, recommend a course of action to clients, and provide effective updates on project outcome uncertainty to leadership.
• Translate business needs to technical specifications
• Design, build and deploy BI solutions
• Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
• Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
• Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
• Develop and update technical documentation
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, analytics, computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Tableau Certification or equivalent
- Expert level skills with Tableau, Qlik, or Power BI (4+ years)
- Experience with Tableau Server or equivalent
- Experience in data warehouse modeling or BI data management
- Experience with SQL database queries
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with hands on experience with driving analytic insights.
- Must have the ability and motivation to self-teach in order to stay current with leading best practices in analytics.
- Candidates must be able to tackle difficult problems specifically working with unstructured textual data.
- Expected to have data wrangling skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with data munging tools such as Tableau Prep
- Experience with Databricks, AWS
- Scripting skills (python/R)
- Experience with unstructured data visualization
LinQuest Corporation has a stellar 40-year track record of providing end-to-end system-of-systems (SoS) architecture definition, engineering design, integration and test, and operations expertise to enable full lifecycle development and deployment of pre-eminent Space, Air, Land, Sea, Ground, and Cyberspace game-changing capabilities across US DOD and IC Customers’ portfolios. Unique combination of in-depth domain knowledge, lessons learned-honed best practices, and mission-specific applications of principles, tools, and techniques of Digital Engineering (DE), DE Ecosystem (DEE), and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) set LinQuest apart from the competition to consistently deliver stellar high-value results for our customers. LinQuest’s corporate vision and values place the employee at the center of utmost customer satisfaction, strategic business growth, and tactical execution excellence. Our employees’ creative and inspirational drive, sense of fulfillment of personal and professional growth, and tight knit camaraderie within and across lines of business are essential in gaining and maintaining exceptional LinQuest corporate-wide results of new business awards and renewed contracts.
Benefits: LinQuest offers comprehensive and competitive benefit offerings to our team members to include medical, dental, vision, retirement, paid time off, company paid life insurance, and more! For additional information please visit: https://www.linquest.com/careers/our-benefits
2551 Dulles View DriveHerndon, VA
TechnologyView All LinQuest Corporation Jobs
Get fresh Business Intelligence Expert (remote) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.