Sr Product Engineer HYBRID
Limitless Talent Solutions
- Expired: July 03, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the technical product manager for the assigned product portfolio. This role would be the technical counterpart to the business managers in effective product portfolio management.
- Assess non-conforming products. Work with various teams (manufacturing, applications engineering) to decide fit for use for the non-conforming material.
- Analyze process and production data to identify product consistency improvement opportunities. Initiate the improvement opportunities / drive for prioritization of the improvement opportunities with manufacturing.
- Be the steward for change management for the assigned product portfolio. Work with change owners (manufacturing, supplier quality, etc.) to assess the impact of proposed changes and drive towards risk mitigation. Work with customer facing teams to communicate appropriately through technical whitepapers.
- Work with the PCS (process control systems) program manager to drive SPC (Statistical process control) culture at the site.
- Enable new product introductions with the highest technical quality by partnering with product development group on the stage gate methodology
- Training field service engineers and other sales staff as required on product knowledge.
- Understand customer requirements and work to drive improvements (new metrologies, process improvements, etc.) in the assigned product portfolio.
- Work with field teams, applications, and technical service organizations to identify and benchmark the customer requirements.
- Drive roadmaps to meet or exceed these customer requirements.
- Partner with the leader in the development of engineers in the organization.
- Share best practices actively with other team members and coach / mentor them.
- Work with the PQE organization at other sites to ensure team stays globally aligned.
- Acting as steward for the comapny's product information in all external communications
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering, Material Science or similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing OR support functions.
- Hands-on experience with statistical process control methods and design of experiments (6 Sigma Green belt).
- Experience in external (customer or supplier) communication: ensuring external communications are aligned on common goals and understandings.
- Experience / Knowledge with semi-conductor industry.
- Advanced degree (Masters OR PhD) in Chemical Engineering, Material Science or similar field.
- Experience as a team leader OR as a 6-sigma project leader
- Able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to communicate across cultures and language barriers.
- Hands of experience with advanced analytical (physical and chemical) characterization techniques
- Ability to make good engineering judgments independently is required.
- Demonstrated communication skills toward external senior stakeholders and to high level leaders
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
- Exceptional ability to build relationships - collaborate across different organizations (Business/Marketing, Product Quality, Product development,
- Manufacturing and Suppliers) to deliver results.
- Proven project management skills - materials improvements require multiple projects to be managed with data-driven risk management of varying levels of complexity. This involves continually working prioritization and resourcing with the business and operations.
- Excellent communication is a key characteristic of the job to ensure a good alignment between our business needs/priorities, manufacturing, and our suppliers. Being clear, concise and articulated, as well as summarizing complex cases into simpler actionable plans is a key requirement.
Limitless Talent Solutions
Get fresh Hybrid Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.