Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic (full-time position)
Location: Fresno, CA
Vitro is a leader in the design, production, and distribution of glass markets worldwide. Through the Container, Flat Glass, and Automotive business units, Vitro products reach more than 40 countries, with operating and marketing facilities in eight countries on the American continent. We are seeking a Maintenance Mechanic who will be responsible for the repair, replacement, and fabrication of Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, and Hydraulic equipment associated with the operation of the plant.
You will interface with and be responsible for working in conjunction with other personnel throughout the plant to insure the safety and integrity of the plant, process and personnel. The Maintenance Mechanic works on scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance and repairs as they occur throughout the plant and perform work of an emergency nature to keep critical production equipment in service. You will work in a variety of environments on tasks that require moderate to heavy lifting; climbing, gaining access to moving machinery, working from scaffolds, operating mobile equipment and powered equipment and is subject to tasking that will require breathing, noise, temperature and chemical hazard safety considerations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Repair – Remove/Replace – Fabricate, Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic components necessary to maintain a 24/7 sheet glass production facility.
- Complete Bench repair and Fabrication
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Input and retrieve date from the SPF data system.
- Read/interpret - Blueprints, sketches, drawings, directives and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Operate forklifts, boom lift, man lift, personnel carrier.
- Know and adhere to all safety directives e.g. Lockout procedures, 2-man job requirements, Respiratory Protection Program, etc.
- Sign-off on all tasks listed in the GMP Maintenance Training Matrix, which includes but is not limited to:
- Production Line Maintenance
- Industrial Wiring and Controls
- 115KV/12KV Power Dist. Loop
- Power Outage/ Generator, Tank Subs
- City Water & Towers/ Fire System
- Mill Use & Evap Coolers
- Air compressors/ back-up cooling
- DC Substation/ Cyberex/ Line Drive
- LOTO/ Confined Space Entry/ Elec PPE
- Tank Processing Safety
- Basic wiring and diagrams
- Modicon (Glass Tracking)
- Tank Gas and Oil Firing Systems
- Rounout and BER Indramats
- M/L Cutting
- Auto Packers
- Auto System
- “W” System
- Fuse Class
- ISO/ Computers/ LAN
- Complete welding and brazing operations
- Set-up and operate a lathe
The GMP works in a wide range of environments including exposure to dust, chemicals, heat (process temperatures range from 3000 degrees to ambient air temperature), noise, confined spaces, moving machinery, electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and hydraulic systems and working both below and above ground level. The “Process” is a 24/7 operation in which any malfunction can rapidly become an emergency situation and/or result in major loss of process integrity with major financial impact.
- At least 2+ years of experience doing maintenance in an industrial setting
- Strong mechanical and electrical knowledge and experience
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- The ability to lift and maneuver up to 75 pounds
- The ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, push, balance, and pull regularly and consistently throughout the day