Human Resources Manager - Limelight Aspen
- Posted: 13 days ago
Limelight Hotels are contemporary properties set in the heart of authentic mountain and urban communities owned and operated by Aspen Hospitality. The current portfolio includes Limelight Hotel Aspen and Limelight Hotel Snowmass in Colorado; and the Limelight Hotel Ketchum near Sun Valley in Idaho. Limelight Hotel Denver will open in 2023, and two additional Limelight Hotels in Mammoth, California, and Boulder, Colorado, are slated to open in 2024 and 2025, respectively. All Limelight properties are designed around the communities and activities where they are located. Learn more at www.limelighthotels.comJob Description
The Human Resources Manager provides professional level support in Human Resources management to Limelight Hotels in the areas of employment, compensation, benefits administration, employee and/or labor relations, organizational development, training, workers’ compensation, employee recognition and recruitment. Provides day-to-day Human Resources support and consultation to all members of Hospitality HR team.
Essential Job Functions
• Work closely with the hotel General Manager to develop and drive the culture of the property
• Collaborate daily with the HR Managers at other Aspen Skiing Company hotels to ensure synergy with brand standards and best practices
• Responsible for the creation and execution of a seamless on-boarding process for all new hires
• Plans and executes a professional and engaging new employee orientation. Continually updates presentation and flow to achieve the best product possible
• Facilitates background checks under company, State, and Federal guidelines
• Works with HR Director to build the annual HR budget and manage monthly expenses
• Responsible for producing and distributing monthly compliance reports. Manage all follow up needs as dictated by reports
• Responsible for HR software system implementation and training. Works with the HRIS team to ensure systems are functioning correctly, areas of concern are managed and training is executed
• Manage unemployment claims and attends hearings when needed. Runs analytical data and works with HR Director and third-party administrator to improve processes and reduce costs
• Manages records retention process as it relates to employee files, medical files and payroll backup
• Complies with and works according to requirements under the ADA, immigration requirements, EEO, and Affirmative Action requirements
• Actively participates in company-wide committees and looks for opportunities to build professional relationships and synergies with all ASC departments
• Responsible for planning and execution of all employee events to include theme, BEO, entertainment, decorations, awards/prizes, invitation and attendance tracking
• Responsible for ongoing development and maintenance of employee recognition programs
• Responsible for ongoing development, maintenance and distribution of Limelight policies and procedures
• Responsible for creation and maintenance of all HR forms, SOPS and shared files
• Provide training and ongoing support for all Smart Recruiters and Kronos users
• Responsible for employee gifting program for personal milestones to include birth of child etc.
• Provides input and support in the planning and development of enhanced performance reviews, employee relations programs and work processes
• Assist with performance management process and ensures hourly employee reviews are being completed timely. Ensures effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the review process
• Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce turnover
• Works with the Director of HR (DHR) to coach managers to effectively resolve employee relations issues and to proactively prevent further concerns. Assist DHR in conducting investigations - identifying systemic issues and patterns of concerns
• Works with the Talent Acquisition Manager to build a world-class recruitment strategy with a focus on technology, metrics and forecasting
• Work in conjunction with the Talent Acquisition team to identify potential candidates for open positions and conduct professional and thorough screening interviews
• Work with Talent Acquisition team to review employee data such as job codes, cost centers and job titles and comp plan to ensure employees are classified correctly, wage scale is accurate and ATS is update
The budgeted salary range for this position is $65,000-$75,000. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.Qualifications
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study such as Human Resources or Business Management and a minimum of 2 years work experience in a related Human Resources Role PHR/SPHR/SHRM CP Certification preferred
• Strong leadership skills, communication skills, negotiating skills, professional integrity and sound business judgment
• Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and the ability to analyze data
• HRIS experience, Timekeeping Software Experience (Kronos preferred), Talent Management Software experience (Smart Recruiters preferred) and Worker’s Compensation Claims Processing Software and RTP experience highly desired
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) language skills a plus
• Talent Acquisition / Talent Development / Talent Management processes in the following areas: Recruiting, Leadership Competencies, Talent Assessments, Succession Management, Performance Management, Workforce Analytics, Safety and Risk Management processes and analytics
• Current trends and Human Resources Management practices
• Pertinent federal, state, local laws, codes, and regulations including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, ADEA, EEO
Supervision Given and Received
Given: Exercises general supervision over the Limelight Human Resources Department. Assigns a variety of routine tasks, sets general expectations of results expected within company’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Received: Works under general supervision of the Director of Human Resources Hotel Operations. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
• No adverse or hazardous conditions
• Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. By accepting a position with Aspen Skiing Company, you acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. To request accommodation during the application and interviewing process, please contact Human Resources at 970-300-7700.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of March 11th 2022, Aspen Skiing Company, ASPENX, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will no longer require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about our policies as it relates to employee safety here
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?