- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Windsor, Colorado
Reports To: Manager of Finance and Administration
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approved By: Manager of Finance and Administration
Approved Date: 1/20/2023
Limagrain group is a world leader in the seed industry (Agriculture, field crops and vegetable seeds) and operates in 57 countries. It is a cooperative owned by French farmers with headquarters in Clermont (France).
Limagrain Cereal Seeds (LCS) was established by Limagrain group in 2010 in Windsor, Colorado and provides wheat seed to Canadian and American farmers through three breeding programs: SWWW in Washington, HRWW in Kansas and HRSW in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (Canada).
Job Summary - Assists the accounting department in the performance of its functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
o Review and approve A/P, A/R and Cash journal entries
o Assist in fixed asset management…new acquisitions as well as depreciation
o Assist in the monthly, quarterly and annual preparation of accounting reports to company headquarters…BFC reporting packages
o Assist in the annual compilation of tax worksheets for our outside accounting firm
o Prepare and enter monthly recurring journal entries regarding prepaid and accrual accounts
o Prepare semi-monthly payroll via Paylocity and reconcile annual W-2 reporting. Assist with new State enrollments and prepare quarterly L&I reporting in WA state.
o Monitor and reconcile intercompany accounts
o Assist and monitor personal use of company vehicles. Work with third-party company to monitor and manage company fleet.
o Assist in the monthly financial preparation and publish department financial statements to department managers
o Assist in the preparation of royalty reporting
o Assist in the quarterly reporting to outside accounting firm (VUSA)
o Assist in the preparation of the annual insurance renewal
o Assist in the on-boarding of new hires
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Design work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Organizational Support - Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing - Priorities and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, royalties, and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software; working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; and other various software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Limagrain Cereal Seeds (LCS) was established by Limagrain group in 2010 in Fort Collins, Colorado and provides wheat seed to Canadian and American farmers through three breeding programs: SWWW in Washington, HRWW in Kansas and HRSW in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (Canada).
Limagrain Cereal Seeds
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Staff Accountant III jobs daily straight to your inbox!