Lily's Toaster Grills, LLC Denver, CO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Purchasing & Logistics Manager
Lily’s Toaster Grills, LLC - Denver, CO
Lily’s Toaster Grills produces and distributes a range of frozen sandwiches to grocery stores in the US. We are a fully integrated consumer packaged food company that has in-house manufacturing, marketing, sales, R&D, and QA capabilities. Our vision is to spread goodness with every sandwich and everything we do. Our products are exclusive (patented) and deliver a combination of homemade quality, great taste, convenience, and value. We are growing rapidly and moving quickly to expanding our distribution base and product offerings. Our company needs highly motivated and experienced team members to help the team and the company grow.
As purchasing and logistics manager, you will be responsible for the strategic sourcing of raw materials, ingredients, packaging, and consumables, managing inventory, and optimizing outbound logistics.
1. Lead, direct, and continuously improve purchasing activities
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies
- Maintain a robust vendor matrix for all major raw material and ingredient suppliers
- Develop cost forecasts and scenarios based on historical market trends, benchmarks, inputs from suppliers to determine optimal purchasing strategy
- Craft strategies to drive effective supplier negotiations
- Track and report relevant metrics to optimize supplier cost, quality, and reliability
- Leverage the same data and metrics to partner with suppliers to support their performance improvement
- Assess, manage, and mitigate supplier risk
- Maintain all supplier requirements documentation as required by regulation
- Optimize raw material and ingredient inventory based on production schedules and supplier lead times while balancing risks and working capital requirements
- Execute purchasing process by issuing purchase orders, reconciling purchase orders against receiving documents and supplier invoices, and keeping track of credits and refunds
- Manage raw material documentation for traceability purposes
2. Inventory Management
- Maintain real-time records of all inventory on hand
- Develop analytical approach and supporting processes/systems to trigger when new raw materials and ingredients need to be ordered
3. Outbound Logistics
- Identify logistics partners to ship Lily’s finished products to customers
- Evaluate, on an ongoing basis, the most cost-effective and reliable shipping option for each inbound customer order
- Orchestrate all outbound final goods shipment activity by coordinating between warehousing partners, transportation providers, and end customers to ensure goods received on time and in full and without complication
- 3+ years’ experience as a Purchasing Manager required
- Experience in packaged food preferred
- B.A./B.S. degree required; degree or certification in relevant areas (i.e., supply chain) preferred
- Interest in evaluating market dynamics and strategy development
- Experience with and a knack for negotiating effectively
- Experience with different vendor management tools and software solutions
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to gather, analyze, and report data to improve decision making
- Highly structured and planful
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial and excited to be a part of building a great packaged food business
- Authorization to work in the US
Application: Principals only. Please Email resume and other supporting documentation if required to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Lily's Toaster Grills, LLCWhy Work Here?
High-growth, early-stage packaged food business looking for great talent to join our team and grow with our business