Sugartown Worldwide LLC
Estero, FL - Coconut Point
The Assistant Store Manager has responsibility for the daily operation of the store in the absence of the Store Manager. This includes sales, serving the customer, understanding and presenting the merchandise, and safeguarding the assets of the store. The following specific responsibilities supplement the overall duties:
- Understand the overall concept of Lilly Pulitzer, including the lifestyle, the customer, the merchandise and the heritage.
- Assist Store Manager to achieve net sales plan.
- Build client base in local markets.
- Lead clientelling efforts of the store.
- Personally develop a substantial number of clients, acting as a role model to the team.
- Generate initiatives to develop proactive business.
- Convert walk-in customers to clients.
- Develop and execute initiatives to create awareness of the store within the local community.
- Generate ideas for community building and local events.
- Network to create leads and develop ideas that will resonate with our customer.
- Conduct events that drive business.
- Successfully handle the follow up to ensure repeat business.
- Present and sell merchandise consistent with the brand.
- Assist in presenting and merchandising the store attractively to entice customers to shop at the store. This includes providing visual displays to draw clientele into the shop and floor merchandising which enables the shoppers to purchase the merchandise easily.
- Understand the merchandise and planned receipts well enough to know how and where to stock and present new receipts on the floor timely.
- Greet each customer and provide the sales assistance appropriate to sell merchandise to the customer.
- Know the merchandise on the floor and suggest merchandise to customers as appropriate.
- Provide suggestions to management for merchandising which may improve sales.
- Assist Store Manager with development of staff, leading by example, through one-one feedback, role-playing and training.
- Understand the daily staff plans to be able to implement them in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Safeguard the assets of the store.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, ensure that the daily closing of the registers, reconciliation and bank deposit are done accurately and timely every day. If there are discrepancies, involve the Store Manager and resolve them as quickly as possible.
- Maintain the integrity of the inventory. Prevent inventory shrink to the extent reasonable and appropriate. Assist in performing a year end comprehensive physical inventory as directed by the Senior Director/Controller.
- Be prepared to provide daily reports of sales, transactions and sales by style as requested. These are byproducts of the point of sale system.
- Operate the store consistently with the prescribed company policies and procedures for the store.
- Provide ideas to grow and improve the business. This may include ideas for merchandising, staffing, floor displays, store fixturing, advertising, promotion, hours of operation or any other ideas which may improve and grow the business.
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM SUCCESSFULLY:
- Understand Lilly Pulitzer and have a genuine enthusiasm and interest for the concept, the customer and the merchandise.
- Sufficient fashion credibility to sell merchandise to customers.
- The initiative and self-assurance to be able to approach and sell customers comfortably.
- A basic understanding of floor merchandising and visual displays to be able to present the store attractively for customers.
- A high level of dedication, commitment and initiative to operate a store dependably and with minimal supervision or direction.
- The flexibility of schedule to accommodate the hours typical of retail store management.
- The ability and drive to motivate and lead a retail staff.
- The ability and comfort level to operate with an automated point of sale system.
- The detail orientation necessary to safeguard the assets of the store. This includes daily cash reconciliation and overall inventory management, including receivings, sales and returns.
- Must demonstrate the potential ability to be promoted to the Store Manager position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A four year college degree is preferred, but not required for the position.
- Prior experience in a retail store, preferably in women's apparel, is required.
- This position is classified as full-time salaried; it non- exempt and is eligible for overtime. This position is eligible for standard company fringe benefits.
- This position is reviewed annually.
Lilly Pulitzer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lilly Pulitzer participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.