- Expired: 17 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1982 as Joliet Area Community Hospice, Lightways Hospice and Serious Illness Care is an independent, nonprofit healthcare provider licensed in 11 counties in northwest Illinois. We provide exceptional serious illness care, hospice care and grief support for adults and children.
The majority of our direct patient care is in the field with Lightways team members providing care in the home, nursing facility or assisted living facility. We also have a 20-bed inpatient unit in Joliet. Non-clinical staff are based out of our Joliet administrative offices.
This part time positions works 20 hours per week which is based around the payroll schedule. The Payroll Specialist is responsible for coordinating all employee information and incorporating the information into payroll and benefits. Additional responsibilities include:
- Prompt and accurate data entry for all employee information into software for payroll, PTO and deduction purposes.
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Assists payroll company or is responsible for any changes on codes, names and taxes.
- Coordinates all manual changes with payroll company, benefits portal and other parties as directed by administration.
- Oversee and ensure proper maintenance of payroll records needed for annual distribution of W2’s, 1094-C, 1095-C and ACA requirements.
- Maintains accurate 401K files, records, and corresponds with 401K Administrator and Trustee.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Assists with benefits enrollment of new and existing employees as instructed by Finance Manager.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns.
- Maintains IDPH registry, sending employees to be finger-printed, if required.
- Tracks employee credentials in ADP database (i.e. licenses, auto insurance, driver’s license renewal, etc.)
- Performs other necessary functions as assigned by the administration, Finance Manager, CFO, CEO and governing body.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completed accounting or business courses desirable.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certified Payroll Specialist in ADP Workforce Now or Certified Time & Attendance Specialist in ADP Workforce Now recommended.
- Working knowledge of payroll practices
- Ability to research and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Distinguished skillset in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
Part time positions are not eligible for medical benefits.
Lightways Hospice and Serious Illness Care
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Care Hospice jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.