If you're hardworking and take pride in a job well done, then you should bring your expertise to Beacon Management. As a Beacon Management Property Manager every day is rewarding! Our current opening is for our Washington Square in Pulaski, VA. This is an Affordable Housing Community.
As Property Manager, you will oversee all leasing, marketing, bookkeeping, customer service, resident retention and administrative responsibilities as well as oversight of the maintenance staff.
Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, plan and implement the budget to control the overall financial performance of the property.
- Handle record keeping and reporting responsibilities.
- Ensure timely rent collections, rent postings, bank deposits and laundry revenue collections.
- Timely handle late notices and evictions on delinquent rents as required. Maintain a minimum collection rate of 95%.
- Oversee customer service and resident relations; troubleshoot and resolve resident issues .
- Acclimate prospective residents and show them their assigned apartments.
- Assist new residents during the move-in process to include explanation of lease agreement, community rules, location of amenities, and a walk through of their new home at time of moving in.
- Oversee maintenance department practices to include work orders, apartment move-ins, move-outs, turn overs and curb appeal.
- Follow up on Section 8 Unit violations to ensure deficiencies are abated, and call to have re-inspections scheduled.
- Oversee vendor/contractor relations.
- Printing and distribution of 60, 90 and 120 day Recertification notices.
- Schedule and conduct recertification interviews with residents
- Personally perform required annual unit inspections for every AR Recertification to check condition of unit, report necessary repairs and confirm family composition as required on the 50059-HUD form
- Process and follow up on all 3rd party verifications for annual Recertification.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous management experience that includes responsibility for financial and operational results, sales, marketing and staff supervision. Residential property management experience preferred.
- Previous experience or knowledge of HUD guidelines and subsidized housing types; Section 8, RAP, 236, etc.
- Knowledge of the Certification / Recertification process
- Previous experience in bookkeeping or accounting. Residential multi-family property experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products. EIV, TRACS, One Site.
- Ability to develop a rapport with the residents and community staff; customer service skills.
- Analytical ability, problem solving and organization skills.
- Accuracy, organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to handle multiple priorities.