If you're hardworking and take pride in a job well done, then you should bring your expertise to Beacon Management and apply for our District Manager opportunity. Our current opening will be managing HUD properties located in Lynchburg and NRV areas.
The District Property Manager supports and executes the Company’s strategies related to property management operations by directing the team members on the assigned portfolio of properties, and by implementing the policies, procedures, and practices that enable each property to meet and exceed budgeted financial goals and achieve operational performance objectives.
Some Responsibilities include:
- Regularly monitors each property budget within the portfolio.
- Reviews financial statements, compares to budget, and accounts for monthly variances.
- Implements new strategies or recommends budget adjustments when needed to meet property objectives and goals.
- Works to achieve maximum performance based upon annual goals to increase revenue and other income.
- Ensures that all applicable deposits, rents, and other fees and ancillary revenues are collected and deposited.
- Conduct regular business review status meetings to ensure assets are performing as projected.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with tenant and vendor issues that rise beyond the scope of site staff.
- Regularly visit all managed properties to ensure consistent on-site staff compliance with company policies, procedures and industry regulations.
- Review activity reports, tracking progress toward occupancy, pricing and operating revenue and expense goals and objectives; take corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures that properties are fully compliant with all HUD regulations and are prepared for MOR and HUD inspections.
- Oversee performance of inspections and completion of work orders that result from inspections.
- Perform annual file audits at each property. Check that certifications are being calculated correctly.
- Provide training and identify further education opportunities for site managers, on topics such as HUD compliance, company policies and procedures, etc.
- Review property collection/delinquency reports monthly to confirm that all sites are meeting a minimum 95% collection status.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 5+ years of experience within property management.
- Previous experience or knowledge of HUD guidelines and subsidized housing types; Section 8, RAP, 236, etc.
- Knowledge of the Certification / Recertification process
- Awareness of Federal, State and City guidelines; ability to keep abreast of all HUD & State Housing regulations; experience with project based Section 8 housing.
- To be eligible for employment employee must complete and pass a background check and drug screening.
- Beacon Management is an E/O/E