In this high visibility, high impact role, you will analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare real costs for lighting products, projects or services, applying knowledge of the lighting industry. Additional responsibilities will include performing the following duties:
- Review data to determine time and material requirements and prepare itemized lists, compute cost factors and prepare estimates used for job cost estimating.
- Research options for lighting fixtures when alternates are needed, and obtain multiple quotes whenever preparing bids.
- Communicate with clients, vendors or other parties to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Participate in post project review meetings to analyze job costing reports, obtain feedback and improve areas such as estimating accuracy, materials controls and project coordination.
- Associate’s degree, preferably in Business or Construction Management or other related Technical majors; or 2 years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to learn and master proprietary in-house software as well as Sage accounting/inventory software.
- Knowledge of the residential lighting & commercial lighting lines as well as catalog logic preferred. Working knowledge of fixtures and fixture costs for decorative and commercial fixtures, site & landscape lighting, exit & emergency lighting and lighting controls.
- Ability to read blueprints and understand specifications. General knowledge of energy efficient building practices related to lighting and electrical; including safety codes.
- Demonstrated career history accurately developing and promoting complete pre-construction estimates for customers, utilizing specific industry and product knowledge. Established relationships with national factory reps and agencies a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver consistently within established deadlines.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success includes our competitive compensation and a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits, 401K and future growth. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company