- Expired: June 24, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Loveland, CO
Division: Program Management
Compensation: $65,000 to $90,000 (depends on experience)
The Lightning team works with forward-thinking fleets to engineer, deliver, and manage full transportation electrification solutions, including vehicles, charging, data analysis, and energy infrastructure.
Lightning eMotors designs and manufactures zero-emission all-electric medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, including delivery trucks, shuttle buses, passenger vans, chassis-cab models, and city transit buses. The Lightning products include best-of-class commercial EVs based on leading legacy platforms like the Ford Transit 350HD passenger and cargo vans, Ford E-450 shuttle bus and cutaway models, Ford F-59 step/food van, Ford F-550 cargo trucks and buses, Chevrolet 6500XD Low Cab Forward model, and 30-foot, 35-foot, and 40-foot transit buses.
Why join Us?
Here at Lightning, we focus on innovation, exceeding expectations, collaboration, integrity in our work, and respect for all.
We are a fast-growing company public company which enables us to continue scaling our teams and capabilities while also maintaining our leadership within the commercial electric vehicle market. This is your opportunity to be an integral part of the team, working with like-minded professionals who are dedicated not only to making a difference in our world but also transforming the automotive industry.
About our Headquarters
We are headquartered in the heart of beautiful Northern Colorado!
Loveland is located just 45 minutes north of Denver/DIA; 40 minutes from Boulder; 35 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park; and only 15 minutes from Fort Collins, the home of Colorado State University. Whether you are an art lover, outdoor enthusiast, foodie, wildlife admirer, big-city dreamer, or just want to get away, Loveland is the ideal location; and Lightning eMotors is grateful to be a part of this wonderful city.
Visit us at: www.lightningemotors.com to learn more about our organization and living in Colorado!
This role is responsible for the successful leadership of multiple, complex and cross-functional programs; and will work independently as well as on cross-functional teams. This role will define and manage the scope and budget, as well as schedule for multiple engineering projects by spanning the fully program lifecycle including concept development, research and development, scale production, upgrades, and service.
- Actively manage program activities including planning, organizing, and monitoring resources to achieve and exceed program objectives within scope, time, quality, and budget constraints
- Build relationships to foster integration and collaboration among Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, Purchasing, and Customer Service teams
- Lead various cross-functional project review meetings (both internal and external)
- Create and maintain both detailed and actionable open issues lists and master timelines
- Serves as central control point for progress for risk mitigation and escalation
- Develop and implement process improvements, in line with an Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) focus
- Leads cross-functional teams following the Toll Gate process
- Other duties as assigned
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple projects, work with and lead cross-functional teams as well as
- Organized: Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines with tight timelines, track deliverables, and be focused on work in a manufacturing environment.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to interact respectfully with all colleagues and customers. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills are essential along with the ability to listen intently to others.
- Analytical: Capable of identifying solutions to unusual and complex problems; utilize creative problem-solving; and analyze available data.
- Leadership: Passion for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external customers. You should be collaborative; and excel at bringing people together as well as driving teamwork.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1 year of Project Management experience in automotive manufacturing or similar technology-based industry
- Demonstrated experience leading, or participating in, multi-disciplinary/technical teams using systems engineering processes
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Basic knowledge of an ERP system
What we prefer:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- 3+ years of Project Management experience in the automotive, transportation, or electric vehicle industries
- Demonstrated experience with design and development of automotive embedded systems and integration into vehicle design
- End-to-end experience with development, manufacturing, fielding, supporting, and modernizing vehicle systems
- Financial analysis experience (e.g. ROI, Business Case, etc.)
Once hired, employees are offered generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Plan (if enrolled in medical plan)
- Paid time off (accrued)
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Lightning eMotors is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military or veteran status.
BusinessView all jobs at Lightning eMotors