Senior Controls Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Location: Loveland, CO
Compensation: $85,000 to $130,000; DOE
The Lightning team works with forward-thinking fleets to engineer, deliver, and manage full transportation electrification solutions, including vehicles, charging, data analysis, and energy infrastructure.
Lightning eMotors designs and manufactures zero-emission all-electric medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, including delivery trucks, shuttle buses, passenger vans, chassis-cab models, and city transit buses. The Lightning products include best-of-class commercial EVs based on leading legacy platforms like the Ford Transit 350HD passenger and cargo vans, Ford E-450 shuttle bus and cutaway models, Ford F-59 step/food van, Ford F-550 cargo trucks and buses, Chevrolet 6500XD Low Cab Forward model, and 30-foot, 35-foot, and 40-foot transit buses.
Why join Us?
Here at Lightning, we focus on innovation, exceeding expectations, collaboration, integrity in our work, and respect for all.
We are a fast-growing company, and we recently went public! This enables us to continue scaling our teams and capabilities while also maintaining our leadership within the commercial electric vehicle market. This is your opportunity to be an integral part of the team, working with like-minded professionals who are dedicated not only to making a difference in our world but also transforming the automotive industry.
About our Headquarters
We are headquartered in the heart of beautiful Northern Colorado!
Loveland is located just 45 minutes north of Denver/DIA; 40 minutes from Boulder; 35 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park; and only 15 minutes from Fort Collins, the home of Colorado State University. Whether you are an art lover, outdoor enthusiast, foodie, wildlife admirer, big-city dreamer, or just want to get away, Loveland is the ideal location; and Lightning eMotors is grateful to be a part of this wonderful city.
Visit us at: www.lightningemotors.com to learn more about our organization and living in Colorado!
The Controls Engineer position is responsible for creating component and system level design and release documentation for electric vehicle systems. This will include working with vehicle controls system software, creating manufacturing, assembly and service-related documentation, and collaborating with the production team to resolve engineering change requests.
- Develop, implement, and test controls software and hardware, improving existing and future systems
- Build and modify Simulink code to run on a real-time embedded target
- Design and document wire harnesses, piping, and cabling for system integration
- Implement new features on Lightning eMotors products
- Install, test, and troubleshoot delivered customer systems (local and remote)
- Participate in component selection and verification activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Technically minded: Capable of reading and interpreting drawings and prints as well as electrical schematics and drawings as well as control logic diagrams. Possess strong analytic and problem-solving skills as well ability to collect, organize, and analyze data with accuracy.
- Time management: Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines with tight timelines, remain organized, and ability to focus on work in a fast-paced environment. Maintain accuracy and detail-orientation.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to interact respectfully with all colleagues and customers. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills are essential along with the ability to listen intently to others.
- Self-starter: Independently start and complete projects with limited direction.
- Customer Service: Passion for delivering exemplary service. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers as well as ability to turn expectations into engineering requirements. You should also be collaborative and exhibit a positive attitude toward your work and colleagues.
What we require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; or equivalent work experience in a similar role combined with education (high school diploma, or equivalent; Associate’s degree)
- 5+ years of experience in a controls systems engineering or software engineering role in manufacturing, automotive, or related industry
- 3+ years of experience with Simulink and Matlab (development and application)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of manufacturing and tools (soldering, wiring, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Controls/Mechatronics theory, interest, and practical experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, FTP, and basic networking
What we prefer:
- 7+ years of experience in a controls systems engineering or software engineering role in manufacturing, automotive, or related industry
- Demonstrated experience working in PTC Creo (including Creo Schematics)
- Demonstrated experience with wire harnesses and automotive electrical systems, including generation of wire harness documentation
- ERP and PDM experience
Once hired, employees are offered generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Plan (if enrolled in medical plan)
- Paid time off (accrued)
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Lightning eMotors is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR
ManufacturingView all jobs at Lightning eMotors
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?