We are seeking an experienced Outside Sales Rep for a marine and industrial Full-Service Hydraulic Company. Experience with fluid power is required. We design, install, troubleshoot and maintain hydraulic equipment, machines and systems. We re-manufacture components including hydraulic cylinders, pumps, winches, valves, cranes, gearboxes and more. All of our machining and fabrication is performed in-house and we are looking for someone to promote our services to our current customer base and develop new business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong fluid power back ground. For consideration you must be self-sufficient in the field and address all fluid power, mechanical and operational issues that arise with customers. We will assist with some training, but you must have the Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Mechanical back ground. You must have a solid foundation for this position.
- 3-5 years TECHNICAL field sales experience (Required)
- Training and/or education in hydraulic and mechanical systems including technical experience with valves, cylinders, pumps, motors and related hydraulic systems.
- Mechanical Engineer Degree is a plus.
- Must have ability to determine proper components to fit customer’s needs and specifications
- Experience and knowledge in marine and/or industrial markets
- Above average computer experience with Microsoft Office, internet, various technical sizing and drawing programs
- Self-motivated, driven, and strong communication skills
- Promote company and sell our products and services
- Make sales calls to existing clients
- Network and conduct research to find new leads and cold calls to develop new business
- Generate sales reports, attend training, and company meetings
- Develop quotes and estimates to meet customer’s needs
- Meet sales goals as determined jointly with management
- Develop technical product and system solutions for customers
- Work with vendor reps and business affiliates for meetings, joint sales calls, networking
- Develop quotes and estimates for field service work
Base Salary plus Commission, both based on experience
Paid vacation and personal/sick time
Health and Dental benefits
Retirement account with company match