Staff Technical Writer- Semiconductor
- $125,000 to $175,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Lightmatter builds chips that leverage the unique properties of light to perform highly efficient AI/ML compute and interconnect functions to rapidly scale the performance and efficiency of next-generation datacenters. If you're a collaborative technical professional who has a passion for innovation, solving challenging technical problems and doing impactful work like building the most powerful silicon photonics products, consider joining the team at Lightmatter!
Lightmatter is engaging the largest cloud and semiconductor partners with our revolutionary photonic interconnect and AI accelerator technology. In this role, you will develop the primary technical collateral facing our customers and ensure not only best-in-class technology but also best-in-class usability and customer experience. You will interact directly with Lightmatter's top architects, HW/SW engineers, and product team and play a key role to help accelerate the adoption of Lightmatter products and drive a new wave of datacenter infrastructure. This role will encompass a very high breadth of digital semiconductor, photonics, software, and AI/ML processing technologies with immense opportunity to learn in a rapidly advancing market area.
The ideal candidate has a track record delivering high-quality technical documentation for advanced programmable semiconductor technologies and embedded software and possesses a solid understanding of both hardware designers' needs as well software engineers.
*We are looking for our Tech Writer to be in one of our offices, preferring the Bay Area office.
- Develop hardware product datasheets for Lightmatter's Passage photonic interconnect and Envise AI compute product lines facilitating efficient board and system design
- Develop software API and software tool user manuals, tutorials, and examples for Lightmatter products including IDIOM AI software stack
- Create standard documentation templates advancing Lightmatter's high design brands for datasheets, application notes, and other collateral
- Ensure consistency in company/product branding across outbound-facing materials
- Work closely with engineering to ensure internal architecture and specifications are captured in formats facilitating rapid introduction of documentation with very high quality standards
- 8+ years industry experience developing technical documentation for leading suppliers of advanced programmable semiconductors (CPU's, GPU's, AI accelerators, Networking SoC's etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science)
- Ability to digest raw internal technical data and specifications, and clearly organize and convey information in a highly polished and efficient format
- Excellent writing, copyediting, and communication skills
- Ability to create illustrations, graphics, charts, and other important visual representations of technical information.
- Self-starter, must be comfortable working as a sole writer
- Ability to deliver results with attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and adapt to changing deadlines and schedules
- Proficiency with latest tools and technologies for automated documentation generation
- Proficiency in latest documentation software
- Cross-disciplinary knowledge of both semiconductor hardware as well as software
- Due to the nature of this role, a writing sample will be required
- Success working in startup company environments
- Experience with optical/photonics enabled products
- Comprehensive Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401k matching
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Generous Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Paid Family Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace model
- Stock Option Plan
Base Compensation Range: $125,000- $175,000. In accordance with the Colorado, California and New York law, the range provided is Lightmatter's reasonable estimate of the compensation for this role. Actual pay will be based on several factors including work experience, location and education.
Lightmatter recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
LightmatterMountain View, CA
Get fresh Staff Technical Writer- Semiconductor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.