Senior Embedded Systems Engineer
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Lightmatter builds chips for artificial intelligence computing. Our architecture leverages unique properties of light to enable fast and efficient inference and training engines. If you're a collaborative engineer or scientist who has a passion for innovation, solving challenging technical problems and doing impactful work like building the world's first optical computers, consider joining the team at Lightmatter!
We are hiring a talented software engineer to help us build the next generation of photonic AI processors and interconnects. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and extending the device-software and firmware stack for Photonic Compute and Photonic interconnect products. You will be collaborating with other software teams as well as hardware systems teams to develop security, telemetry, virtualization and remote administration functionality.
- Manage secure device bring-up for first silicon.
- Develop diagnostics/monitoring capabilities using prototype environments.
- Develop and optimize drivers for PCI and other communication protocols.
- Enhance DataCenter administration capabilities using environments such as OpenBMC and Redfish.
- Develop layers of a network stack in the sessions and transport domains.
- BS or higher in computer/software engineering, electrical engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years of industry experience with device driver and kernel side development.
- Strong understanding of computer architecture and hardware-software integration.
- Experience in firmware development in one or more of the following microcontrollers/architectures: RISC-V, PIC32 / MIPS, Arm, STM.
- Practical knowledge on communication and control in embedded systems in one or more of the following: MDIO, PCIe, SMBus / I2C, SPI, USB, JTAG.
- Experience with developing commercial/enterprise level software and firmware.
- Proficiency with Python or C++
- Familiarity with software / firmware security implementations, including the secure boot process, TPM and root of trust.
- Knowledge of one or more RTOS: FreeRTOS, NuttX, RTX.
- Comprehensive Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401k matching
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Generous Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Paid Family Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace model
- Stock Option Plan
Lightmatter recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.