Design Verification Lead (Boston)
- Expired: October 21, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lightmatter is a photonic computer company that is redefining what computers and human beings are capable of by building the engines that will drive discoveries and progress sustainably. With modern human progress relying heavily on computers, the world has hit a dead end with traditional transistors, and the prospect of constantly building data centers is an environmental nightmare. Lightmatter builds chips for artificial intelligence computing. Our architecture leverages the unique properties of light to enable a fast and efficient compute platform. We created a solution in photonic computing: using photons instead of electrons to take advantage of their higher bandwidth.
If you have a passion for working cross-functionally, leading projects to success, and doing impactful work, like helping build the world's first optical computers, you should join the team at Lightmatter!
We are hiring a Design Verification Lead Engineer to join our Chip team and orchestrate the hardware engineering efforts on Lightmatter's chip design and tapeouts. If you are an experienced Design Verification Lead Engineer, this would be a great opportunity!
In this job you will work in constant collaboration with hardware, software and systems engineering teams across the company to plan and drive objectives for the design verification group. You'll be gathering requirements, driving processes, managing technical risks, and planning for all phases of ASIC design verification. You will work with company and engineering leadership to develop and manage milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
- Own the design verification details of chip projects
- Work with architecture, hardware, software, systems, and program management teams to deliver state-of-the-art silicon products
- Organize and expertly drive planning, scheduling, and day-to-day execution to support the design design team
- Collaborate with leads and engineering teams in effectively estimating and prioritizing tasks in order to maintain high quality on a realistic delivery schedule
- Develop and lead project plans (scope, schedule, and budget) to ensure alignment with key partners and business needs
- Facilitate recurring design verification team meetings and operational checkpoint activities throughout the life cycle of projects
- Set clear and targeted communication to management of project information, including project plan, key dates, and project status
- Provide the required hands-on project management, cross-functional coordination, and internal and external team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes
- Take responsibility for release schedules and milestones, keeping up a high velocity in a fast-paced environment
- Masters degree in EE, CS, or CE or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in semiconductor technologies and participation in multiple tapeouts
- Expertise in verification methodologies including simulation, static analysis (superlint), CDC verification, formal verification and emulation
- Proficient in HDL (Verilog. VHDL) languages and verification methodologies (UVM)
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple functional teams across a variety of fields
- Ability to react to change and thrive in a fast-paced (startup) environment
- Attention to detail and strong ability to multitask
- Enthusiastic, responsive, and passionate about finding opportunities for process improvement
- Excellent communications and problem-solving skills
- Knowledgeable about assertion languages, power verification, reset-domain crossing verification
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Python and dashboarding tools.
- Comprehensive Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401k matching
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Generous Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Paid Family Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace model
- Stock Option Plan
Lightmatter recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
TechnologyView all jobs at Lightmatter
Get fresh Human Design jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.