Lighting Maintenance Inc. is seeking experienced mechanic for fleet maintenance of light and heavy-duty vehicles and equipment. Including but not limited to bucket trucks, digger derricks, cranes, backhoes, directional drills, dump trucks, cars, vans, etc. We perform all aspects of truck repair diesel & gas engines, transmissions, bodywork, brakes, electrical, air systems, hydraulic, booms, and differentials.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems and repair as necessary
- Complete preventative maintenance on all types of vehicles and equipment
- Diagnose and repair diesel engines
- Diagnose and repair gas engines
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic systems
- Complete DOT Inspections
- Analyze and address DVIR’s
- Complete brake jobs and wheel seals
- Complete rear axle alignment check
- Complete power-train troubleshooting and repair
- Complete A/C work
- Ability to use diagnostic tools properly
- Ability to maintain daily organization of all applicable paperwork pertaining to repair orders, parts orders and billing
- Proven welding ability preferred
- Ability to work in an autonomous, safe and professional manner
- Mechanic must have own tools and transportation
- Previous experience as a mechanic
- Knowledge of shop equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to obtain DOT Certificate
- At least 5 years’ experience in fleet truck repair
- At least 5 years’ experience with fleet maintenance
- Computer Literate- Outlook, Word, Excel, Accounting Software
Physical Demands & Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a shop environment; occasional field environment with some travel from site to site; exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, fumes, noxious odors, gases, and all types of weather and temperature conditions; exposure to hazardous traffic conditions; work and/or walk on various types of surfaces including slippery or uneven surfaces and rough terrain; incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a mechanic shop environment; walk, stand, and sit for prolonged periods of time; frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, and twist; push, pull, lift, and/or carry moderate to heavy amounts of weights; operate assigned equipment and vehicles; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability benefits
- Prescription drug coverage
- Life insurance
- Vision-care plan
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacations
- 401k Profit Share Plan
LMI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please submit your resume for consideration.
Compensation commensurate with experience and ability.