Lighting Maintenance Inc ("LMI") is accepting applications for Journeyman Electrician. Work will consist of maintenance, and repairs of roadway lighting systems in and around the Hampton, VA area.
This job qualifies for up to a $1500.00 sign on bonus***
- Licenses – Current clean drivers license - Class A or B CDL Required!
- Education – High school Graduate, holder of G.E.D., or equivalent training.
- Electrical experience – Must have a VA Journeyman or Master License
- Roadway Lighting- 1 year
- Bucket Truck Experience - Minimum 2 years
- Safety Training -OSHA 10
- Work Zone – Intermediate (will train)
- Job requires working in both heat and cold.
- Able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, overtime and night shifts as required.
- Positively identify colors of conductors.
- Comprehends reading of blueprints and schematics
- Must use all power tools
- Capable of digging trenches, either by hand tools or power equipment.
- Practices and comprehends safe work procedures as outlined in the company Safety Policy Handbook, Haz-com Policy, and Lockout – Tagout Policy.
- Operate two handed tools such as cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools and jack hammers.
- Operate company trucks with manual and automatic transmissions.
- Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, specifications, work site directions, blue prints and written instructions.
- Operate and work from personal lifts, gas or electric powered.
- Operate equipment, trenchers, backhoes, lift trucks in a safe manner.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
- Lift 51 pounds.
- Climb ladders of all types.
- Complete overhead work for full day’s assignments.
- Possess good vision (normal or corrected)
Benefits Package :
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability benefits
- Prescription drug coverage
- Life insurance
- Vision-care plan
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacations
- 401k Plan
LMI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.