Construction Worker - Linthicum, MD
Lighting Maintenance Inc. (“LMI”) has an immediate opening for a Drill Crew Construction Worker with a CDL class A license for projects in the Baltimore area. Applicants must have a strong work ethic and have a minimum of 1 years’ experience. CDL class A is REQUIRED!
- Loading and unloading Light poles
- Installing and Demo Light poles·
- Installing conduit, hand boxes, and wire
- Hand Digging
- Soft-digging/ vacuum excavation
- Must understand Miss Utility rules and regulations.
- Unload tools, prepare building site materials, stack building materials, and set up equipment
- Ability to cut, bend, install per NEC, electrical conduits(pvc, emt, grc) and install wiring, use tuggers/wire pulling equipment
- Experienced in excavation work
- Follow project instructions from construction manager or supervisor
- Direct traffic safely around the construction or road maintenance site
- Use construction and maintenance tools and equipment to complete daily tasks
- Follow all health and safety regulations when operating equipment
- Ensure regulated and proper headgear, earplugs, gloves, safety glasses, and clothing are worn
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Safely operate a variety of tools
- Prepare new construction sites by digging, moving dirt, or compacting space
- Clean and clear debris
- Ensure construction equipment and tools are cleaned and stored properly
- Experience working with pavers and saw cutting experience is a plus
- Licenses – CLASS A CDL License REQUIRED
- Speak and write English
- High school degree or equivalent educational experience; vocational school or trade apprenticeships a plus
- State licensure to work with hazardous materials preferred but not required; union certification preferred but not required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be comfortable climbing up tall ladders, working at elevated levels
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills with all levels of management
BENEFITS PACKAGE :
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability benefits
- Prescription drug coverage
- Life insurance
- Vision-care plan
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacations
- 401k Plan
LMI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
**PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED**
We’re proud to provide you not just a job, but a career and a rewarding professional opportunity to refine your skills and add new ones. You’ll be helping us maintain our leadership in the lighting industry. Our pledge is a workplace that is open, cooperative, respectful and dynamic, designed to bring out your best, and LMI’s best.
The LMI Open Door Policy, empowers our employees to take problems to the next management level, and resolve them with your immediate supervisor. We also invite suggestions for ways we can improve productivity, efficiency and safety. At LMI the safety and well-being of employees, customers and the public are our top priorities.
In a competitive, demanding and challenging industry, an employee-friendly workplace gives us a decided edge. At LMI a promise made is a promise kept, and how we’ll secure our future by providing highest quality products at fair prices on-time and as promised.
Today, we operate and maintain over 200,000 light in the Mid-Atlantic region and never forget the people we’re serving. It’s why the procedures outlined in the LMI handbook are designed to not only support our efforts but also enable us to serve the interests of our employees, our customers and the communities we serve, live and do business in.
We hope for a long, mutually beneficial association together and wish you great success.