Apprentice Electrician - Baltimore and Surrounding Areas
Lighting Maintenance Inc ("LMI") is accepting applications for Apprentice Electricians. Work will consist of maintenance, and repairs of roadway lighting systems and Service requests in and around Baltimore and surrounding counties under a Licensed Journeyman or Master Electrician. We offer on the job training and Tuition assistance for Electrical Apprentice School for qualified candidates!
- Class C Drivers Licenses (Standard License) with no points
- Must have your own hand tools
- Speak and write English
- At least 1 year previous electrical experience
- CDL Class B is a PLUS!
- Job requires working in both heat and cold.
- Able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week, overtime and night shifts as required.
- · Assist Electrician with repair duties
- · Loading and unloading Light poles
- · Installing and Demo Light poles
- · Installing foundations
- · Installing conduit, hand boxes, and wire
- · Repairing outages
- · Must understand Miss Utility rules and regulations
- Must use all power tools
- Capable of digging trenches, either by hand tools or power equipment.
- Practices and comprehends safe work procedures as outlined in the company Safety Policy Handbook, Haz-com Policy, and Lockout – Tagout Policy.
- Operate two-handed tools such as cable cutters, hammer drills, compression tools, and jackhammers.
- Operate company trucks with manual and automatic transmissions.
- Read and interpret maps, instructional manuals, specifications, work site directions, blueprints, and written instructions.
- Operate equipment, trenchers, backhoes, lift trucks in a safe manner.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull, and reach overhead.
- Lift 51 pounds.
- Comfortable with being constantly moving, on your feet, all day long.
- Climb ladders of all types.
- Complete overhead work for full day’s assignments.
- Responsible for securing tools and materials from storage areas to complete their assigned tasks.
- Possess good vision (normal or corrected)
Benefits Package :
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability benefits
- Prescription drug coverage
- Life insurance
- Vision-care plan
- Paid sick time
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacations
- 401k Plan
Compensation commensurate with experience and ability.
LMI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
**PLEASE APPLY TO BE CONSIDERED**