Director of Finance
Lighthouse of SWFL North Fort Myers, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Director of Finance – Full-time Position (Lee County, Florida)
Lighthouse of SWFL - 35 W. Mariana Ave., North Ft Myers FL 33903
For over 46 years, the Lighthouse of Southwest Florida has provided vision rehabilitation, education, independent life skills, and job training to thousands of people with low vision and blindness and their families.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Oversee all aspects of Accounting and Finance functions for fiscally responsible and efficient operations.
- Provide oversight to budget, contractual and fiscal issues.
- Ensure appropriate operational monitoring of compliance with non-profit accounting practices and regulations and provide support to leadership team and supervisors for budgetary and fiscal issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of non-profit accounting and regulations.
- Preparation of annual budgets and monthly financial statements for the CEO and Board of Directors, annual statements and schedules for the Auditors, budget and cost reports for funding departments and agencies.
- Process cash disbursements, issue checks, maintain vendor files, and cash disbursement journals.
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable functions including processing cash receipts and bank deposits as well as maintaining files for all revenue sources.
- Responsible for General Ledger functions including various revenue sources. Account reconciliation, Adjusting Journal Entries, Monthly Financial Statements, year-end closing entries, accruals, and tax returns.
- Responsible for biweekly payroll entry to ensure salaries post to correct general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for banking functions and preparation of monthly bank reconciliation and ensure sufficient funds are available in accounts. Work with investment firm to transfer funds from reserve as necessary for operations.
- Maintain annual agency budget and match budget expenses to general ledger postings.
- Monitor contracts and invoices for revenue sources to process billing timely and post to general ledger.
- Prepare financial data for grants and contract applications.
- Analyze employee benefits, insurance coverage, and vendor contracts to present recommendations to CEO and Board.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with the management team, Board and staff.
- Employee is required to appear for work at the office location, during work hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to work with management team, employees, and Board members as well as clients with visual impairment and other disabilities.
- Detail-oriented and excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and to multi-task under pressure with close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive matters.
- Ability to work as an effective team member Possess high level of honesty and confidentiality.
- Professional maturity and judgment.
- Enthusiastic with positive attitude and approach to problem-solving.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills to synthesize complex and diverse information and collect/research data.
- Comply with policies and procedures and complete work in timely fashion.
- Leadership skills with desire to help the agency grow.
- Mission-driven approach for day-to-day operations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related discipline required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience in non-profit accounting, current accounting regulations, and assuring general conformance to accounting procedures.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks Accounting and Microsoft Office software.
General Information and Benefits:
- Work schedule: 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM Mon – Thurs. Occasional weekends.
- Health insurance, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, and 401(k) with company match.
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays.
- Agency closed between Christmas and New Year’s Day (paid holiday time).
- Continuing education opportunities.
Lighthouse of SWFLWhy Work Here?
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
35 W. Mariana Ave. North Fort Myers FL 33903North Fort Myers, FL