•Understands the importance of person centered engagement for residents in various stages of dementia.
•Conducts purposeful, meaningful and success oriented activities.
•Encourages residents’ involvement in physical, recreational, spiritual and psycho-social programs.
•Familiar with the concepts of Teepa Snow positive approach and Montessori methodology.
•Functions as an advocate for residents and their families with regard to providing a quality program and environment.
•Assists in the provision of education and support to residents, families, care staff, interns and volunteers.
•Acts as role model to care staff, interns and volunteers with regard to professionalism and appropriateness in resident and family interactions.
•Willing to work as part of the memory care team collaborating and mentoring one another.
•Participates in the development and presentation of staff orientation and in- service training programs to support resident engagement.
•Maintains appropriate records and documentation for resident involvement in activities.
•Fosters an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positivity in leading activities and working with staff.
•Supervises volunteers and assigns leisure related tasks perform other duties as assigned
•Enthusiastic, takes initiative, confident, enjoys working in an assisted living environment
- Demonstrate compassionate, patient with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to show tactful compassion in high stress and emotional situations
- Demonstrate an appreciation of cultural values and differences
- Understand the aging process and journey of Dementia
- Conduct self in a professional manner in compliance with facility policies
- Work utilizing guidelines established by Lighthouse Senior Living policies and procedures.
- Observe and report changes in residents’ condition both physically and emotionally
- Maintain knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use.
- Report observations related to resident care per facility standard.
Availability to work every other weekend is required.
Certification from an accredited activity or therapeutic recreation preferred.
E-Verify Participation (English): https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-Verify_Native_Documents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster.pdf
E-Verify Participation (Spanish): https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-Verify_Native_Documents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Right to Work (English): https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-Verify_Native_Documents/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster.pdf
Right to Work (Spanish): https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-Verify_Native_Documents/OSC_Right_to_Work_Poster_ES.pdf
As part of WPM Real Estate Management, the area’s largest resident property management company, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program that includes an employer-matched 401K and apartment rental discount.