National Property Management Company is seeking an experienced and professional Renovations Supervisor for an approximately 160+ unit apartment complex renovation project in Nashville, TN.
Who We Are:
We strongly value: collaboration; doing the right thing; doing it now; exceeding expectations; being extraordinary; having fun. Our team members are our biggest asset and we are passionate about their growth and development within the organization.
Position is a working supervisor. You will be responsible for developing and overseeing the scope of work for rehabilitation, renovation and capital improvement projects at a multi-family apartment community. This entails soliciting and reviewing proposals from contractors, directing and monitoring the performance of contractors, overseeing the rehab team, data input, purchasing order coding, and ensuring compliance with project specifications. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience in management, apartment construction, maintenance or renovation.
· Creating, managing and maintaining schedules for in-house renovation teams and all subcontractors to complete interior and capital project on time and within budget.
· Manages and maintains critical path schedule for multiple subcontractor trades, suppliers and vendors in order to meet renovation schedule and turns.
· Coordinates and manages with Regional and Property Manager the ordering of supplies, deliveries to ensure materials are available to complete task and remain on schedule.
· Manages quality and theft control of all materials.
· Validates and is responsible of invoice job costing and coding of each line item.
· Inputting each item into Yardi system for cost control.
· Manages the quality control of all work performed by subcontractors and in-house renovation teams.
· Collaborates and provides daily updates with Regional and Property Manager regarding the day to day operations of the renovation projects.
· Pre-walk/pre-inspect units prior to final sign off.
- Troubleshoots day to day problems that arise due to construction efforts.
- Works with Property Manager with all team member related issues.
- Position requires to be a working supervisor.
- Determines issues or problems and escalates issues to Property Manager and Regional Manager to help determine next steps.
- Evaluating and determining change order requests.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
Minimum Necessary Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience in apartment construction, maintenance or renovation.
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Understanding of apartment mechanical systems and building structures.
- Familiarity with building codes.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and team player.
- Proficient in MS Office software, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Yardi experience is a plus.
Why join our team?
- Highly competitive compensation package, benefits package and insurance including a 401K with employer match.
- We offer continuing education and training, with possible certification reimbursement and potential to be promoted!
- Consistent ethical, cultural and ideological values that foster a collaborative and fun environment.
- Amazing company culture which includes incredible camaraderie, and regular company outings!
- Passion to provide opportunity for professional growth to all team members.
- Support for a healthy work-life balance.
This position is full time and will be eligible for benefits, including major medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, after an initial 90-day introductory period.
Lighthouse Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.