National Property Management Company is seeking an experienced and professional Assistant Property Manager for an approximately 200+ unit apartment complex in Nashville, TN.
Who We Are:
We strongly value: collaboration; doing the right thing; doing it now; exceeding expectations; being extraordinary; having fun. Our team members are our biggest asset and we are passionate about their growth and development within the organization.
The APM is to assist the property manager in effectively managing the assigned community. In the property manager’s absence, the APM will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing community objectives as set forth by the property manager and the property owner. In addition, the APM is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits received. You must be able to perform the essential functions of the job; which include, but are not limited to the following (Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs):
· Maintains accurate resident records. Updates on daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received from residents. Issue appropriate notice when necessary (i.e., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
· Deposits all receipts prior to bank close each day.
· Responsible for collection and posting of rent to Yardi.
· Maintains positives customer relations attitude.
· Assisting the Property Manager in designing and implementing a resident retention program, i.e., a newsletter, resident referral program or social activities).
· Physically inspects community when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Will also inspect move-outs and vacancies when requested.
· Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
· Works with lease renewals each month.
· Responsible for keeping daily records on lease renewals and terminations.
· Greets prospective clients, shows community and performs leasing duties.
· Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendor/suppliers, etc.
· Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends.
· Contributes ideas to property manager for marketing community and improving resident satisfaction.
· Updates required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc., on a daily basis and provides information to the property manager.
· Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
· Proof reads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs.
· Processes all security deposit move-out reports.
· Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-up with resident when work is completed.
· Assisting the Property Manager in interviewing, screening and hiring of any potential Team Member for all departments.
· Assisting the Property Manager in subsequent orientation, training and scheduling of all office personnel.
· Responsible for insuring efficient and courteous response to all resident requests.
· Responsible for insuring a professional appearance and manner.
· Uphold all company policies, goals and values.
· Represent the community in a professional manner at all times, whether on or off the property.
· 2+ years’ experience in residential property management.
· Positive attitude and a great team player.
· Previous Yardi experience a plus. If not Yardi another Property Management system experience required.
· Basic Windows computer skills and experience with Microsoft suite (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel).
· Must be eager to learn new skills and computer software.
· Must have flexible schedule in order to work during the normal work week and may include weekends.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to understand, follow and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Ability to work as a team player but also independently, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism.
· Ability to establish professional relationships with fellow team members and residents.
· Always willing to learn new responsibilities to assist with your professional growth.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Team Member should be able to sit, stand walk for long periods of time.
· Must be able to climb stairs 3 floors on a regular basis
· Must be able to reach throughout the day.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds of letter size box full of files.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Why join our team?
- Highly competitive compensation package, benefits package and insurance including a 401K with employer match.
- We offer continuing education and training, with possible certification reimbursement and potential to be promoted!
- Consistent ethical, cultural and ideological values that foster a collaborative and fun environment.
- Amazing company culture which includes incredible camaraderie, and regular company outings!
- Passion to provide opportunity for professional growth to all team members.
- Support for a healthy work-life balance.
This position is full time and will be eligible for benefits, including major medical, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick days, after an initial 90-day introductory period.
Lighthouse Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.