Lighthouse Central Florida has an exceptional opportunity for a Marketing & Development Coordinator. This position requires an individual who is detailed oriented, highly proficient working with databases, has prior experience in assisting sales, marketing and fundraising teams. To be considered, please apply by completing the application, attaching your resume and must respond to the application questions. This is not an entry-level position.
This full time, non-exempt position is responsible for assisting in the coordination of a variety of special events and other activities that directly support the comprehensive development, fundraising and marketing plans. Performs administrative duties, including word processing, filing, and preparation of standard forms. Fields calls, maintains appointments; schedules and provides support for Marketing and Development activities. Participates in and supports the values and mission of Lighthouse Central Florida including modeling and championing all organizational core values.
The Essential Job Requirements include and not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination of external and internal agency events as assigned.
- Assist with projects including recruiting and training event volunteers, assist in event committees including taking meeting notes, etc.
- Assist in creating and implementing marketing and communication presentations and printed materials.
- Become proficient in the use of the donor database to assist in managing special events, donor and sponsor information and maintaining current records.
- Set up and maintain files, searches files and records for readily identifiable information, as directed.
- Maintain department calendar and schedules appointments when required
- Respond to inquiries and requests as needed when information requested is specifically provided and known
- Copy, collate and prepare for mailing newsletters, meeting notices, or other correspondence for distribution.
- From notes or verbal instruction, types or otherwise prepares a variety of letters, memos, forms, and reports.
- Completes regularly recurring reports, standard form letters, and memos.
- Maintains recurring accumulative records such as database entries.
- Under close direction, compiles data from varied sources and makes summary reports as required. May involve routine mathematical calculations and tabulations
- Comply with agency policies and procedures including completion of required documentation and reports
- Perform other duties as required
- College degree from accredited college/university preferred or the equivalent of two plus years' experience in marketing and fundraising.
- Two plus years’ experience preferred in non-profit field (volunteer or paid position)
- Experience in working with individuals with disabilities preferred
Demonstrated Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in the use of standard business machines and computers
- Working knowledge of MS Office, databases and Internet
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, business professionals, civic organizations, and the general public
- Ability to project a positive, compassionate image to the public
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Good judgment and objectivity
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
Lighthouse Central Florida is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other protected characteristics. Lighthouse Central Florida will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to ADA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lighthouse Central Florida encourages former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a "veteran" under K.S.A. 73201 to apply and will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans' preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determined by the hiring manager.