Network Engineer- Mid Level (TS SCI with FSP Required)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**Existing TS SCI with Poly Required for Applying Applicants**
Looking for a Mid-level Network Engineer to provide cradle to grave support to a mission critical project. The selected candidate will maintain the network hardware and software as well as monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users; and perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability. Tasks may include: participate in the development of new network designs, assess network management architecture, document the architecture, develop test plans, and conduct the testing effort. The candidate will be responsible for installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for mainly Linux based operating system
Must be dynamic, innovative, self-starting problem solver. Must have the aptitude and attitude to tackle unsolved technical challenges.
- Implementation of X.509 Certificates, secure socket layer (SSL)
- Implementation of commercial & Type 1 encryption
- Programming, configuring, and troubleshooting networks
- Remote network and server administration
- Implementing Virtual private network (VPN)
- Routing and WAN connectivity
- Unix (Linux, Solaris) Administration
- Perl/Shell script
- Java Script, Linux Shell Script
- IP-related services: TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol), UDP (User Datagram Protocol), ICMP (Internet Control Message Protocol), PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol), SLIP (Serial Line Internet protocol)
- Routing Services: DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), ARP (Address Resolution Protocol), RARP, CISCO
- Application Services: HTTP (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol), FTP (File Transfer Protocol), NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol), SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol)
- Connection Services: SOP, RMI, RPC (Remote Procedure Call).
- Implements network topologies and site configurations. Plan installations, transitions and cutovers of network components and capabilities.
- Assesses and documents current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Modifies existing software to ensure efficiency and integrity between systems and applications.
- Evaluates and recommends COTS applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions
- Travel required within WMA, and may be required to travel to install, O&M, troubleshoot
- Other duties as assigned.
CCNA certification at a minimum
- JNCIA or JNCIP certification desired.
Degree in Computer Science or similar field and 6+ years of Network Engineering experience; if no degree 8+ years of experience in Network Engineering
- 6+ years of Network Engineering experience;
- 2+ years’ experience establishing and troubleshooting VPNs;
- Knowledge and/or experience with policy-based routing;
- 2+ years’ experience with Unix Administration
- 4+ years’ VMWare experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of IPv6 networks;
- Experience with Type 1 encryption
- Experience with remote Network and server administration
- 2+ year of experience coding in scripting languages (Perl, Python, and/or PowerShell)
- Knowledge of and experience with networking and network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, SSH, VPNs).
TechnologyView all jobs at Lightforge INC