LINEMAN CREW LEADERS NEEDED FOR IMMEDIATE VACANCIES
Highly competitive based on experience, plus company benefits package.
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Must have 2 years minimum construction and aerial experience.
• Knowledge and understanding how to read design work prints\maps and work orders
• Experience with OSHA/safety standards, responsible for conducting weekly/monthly safety meetings; Responsible for the safety of the crew.
• Experience managing individuals and construction crews. Will be responsible for crew productivity.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs required.
• Must be able to climb poles on hooks. • Experience in pole change outs, setting anchors, new build and maintenance, delashing and relashing. • Experienced in fiber construction; fiber splicing experience a plus. • Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable. • Must be able to work in all types of weather conditions. • Engineering pole routes and fielding poles may be required at times.
LightSpeed Communications is seeking a Telecommunications Lineman at our East Lansing location. This individual will be a crew leader for aerial fiber optic installation of a city-wide fiber-to-the-home build. They will be responsible for job site safety and ensuring that our facilities are protected at all times during construction. The individual will be need to update maps and all other required documentation. Must be able to use hand tools, power tools, and electronic tools as needed to maintain the client’s facilities. This position requires experience with Fiber pulling, Fiber through conduit, jigging, lashing, pole transfer, pole change out & setting, chain hoist, and winch operator.
LightSpeed Communications is a Michigan based company revolutionizing how homes connect with the Internet. The company is deploying 1 Gigabit Internet services via a fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) build planned for several Michigan cities. The first build was announced April 2014 to include Lansing and East Lansing; construction is underway now. We are looking for motivated, highly skilled and hard-working individuals to join our team and help build a world-class company.