Solar General Foreman
- Posted: over a month ago
NOW HIRING: Solar General Foreman - LightEdison
LightEdison is looking for an experienced Solar General Foreman. As we continue to impact energy infrastructure on a national scale, this individual is passionate about renewable energy and using their career to positively impact climate change.
LightEdison is a national renewable energy company with a simple mission: to improve the communities we live in and the planet we live on. We strive relentlessly toward this goal through the development, engineering, procurement, and construction of clean energy projects, with a strong focus on LED lighting, solar, and energy storage.
As a development services provider, development capital investor and EPC contractor we offer best-in-class infrastructure to advance a sustainable future, seeking to dramatically improve human lives through clean energy.
LightEdison is committed to ongoing training and development of its Team Members to provide professional growth, increased responsibilities and leadership opportunities. Our Solar General Foreman receive regular training opportunities to promote career advancement in the solar power industry, including OSHA, NFPA and NABCEP courses, as well as certifications in first aid, safety and operation of equipment.
This position is eligible for a $2,500 sign on bonus. The bonus will be paid as follow:
- $250/month for the first five months.
- A lump sum of $1250 will be paid out after the employee has completed six months of employment with the company
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong solar background with a minimum of two years experience.
- Prior project management in the solar industry.
- Working knowledge of estimating project costs, required labor, materials and timelines.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Proficient computer skills in Google Suite.
- Willingness to learn, work within standardized processes/procedures and continued drive for process improvements.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion by deadlines.
- Ability to negotiate with customers and vendors.
- Previous experience managing direct reports in a leadership role.
- Problem solving abilities to manage and solve project conflicts.
- Serve a Company subject matter expert for solar projects, including materials, labor and electrical code compliance
- Manage, nurture and train Solar Site Managers and other solar Leadership Track employees
- Serve as point of contact for solar project installation scope, schedule and budget
- Identify and develop strategic growth plans for the Field Operations solar project staff and subcontractors, including staffing, training and certification needs
- Assist with creating solar innovations, quantifying innovations and orchestrating solar projects
- Assist with developing and continuously improving solar project standard operating procedures
- Develop self-performance and subcontractor plans in cooperation with company staff, including forecasting resource requirements
- Identify obstacles and work with Company staff to create and implement solutions
- Work with Site Managers to properly assess and manage project site risks
- This is an onsite position working with solar install crews and coordinating with electricians.
- Able to work as a lead on projects when needed.
- General knowledge of all aspects of solar installation.
- Ensure projects are installed according to the project's legal, engineering, permitting and finance requirements.
- Use technical knowledge and experience to optimize site performance and job profitability.
- Ensure daily QA/QC inspections of field personnel and subcontractors are completed to ensure proper workmanship and overall job quality.
- Provide guidance and direction on designs and specifications and construction drawings.
- Ensure weekly safety inspections of field personnel are conducted to ensure all field personnel are following proper safety protocols.
- Review up-to-date cost reports with Project Manager and Site Manager to analyze, determine solutions and correct any tasks that are not within budget.
- Responsible for data collection, work order processing, and summary reports.
- Ensure that daily schedules and assignments for work activities, including the execution, are in place.
- Ensure on-site technicians and subcontractors are managed.
- Ensure equipment, tool and part inventories are managed.
- Investigate accidents and injuries, and prepare reports of findings.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, improvements, and discharges
- Perform in the long-term interest of the customer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
RetailView all jobs at LightEdison