Senior Lighting Project Engineer
- Expired: October 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
NOW HIRING: Senior Lighting Project Engineer - LightEdison
LightEdison is looking for an experienced Senior Lighting Project Engineer. As we continue to impact energy infrastructure on a national scale, this individual is passionate about renewable energy and using their career to positively impact climate change.
LightEdison is a national renewable energy company with a simple mission: to improve the communities we live in and the planet we live on. We strive relentlessly toward this goal through the development, engineering, procurement, and construction of clean energy projects, with a strong focus on LED lighting, solar, and energy storage.
As a development services provider, development capital investor and EPC contractor we offer best-in-class infrastructure to advance a sustainable future, seeking to dramatically improve human lives through clean energy.
LightEdison is committed to ongoing training and development of its Team Members to provide professional growth, increased responsibilities and leadership opportunities. Our Senior Lighting Project Engineers receive regular training opportunities to promote career advancement in the solar power industry, including OSHA, NFPA and NABCEP courses, as well as certifications in first aid, safety and operation of equipment.
- $80,000 - $110,000 per year
Preferred Work Location:
- Memphis, TN
- Denver, CO
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use and to identify conservation and cost reduction measures.
- Manage scope, schedule and budgets for project design and support project management during construction
- Collect data for energy conservation analyses, using Jobsite observation, field inspections, or sub-metering.
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption.
- Monitor energy-related design or construction issues, such as energy engineering, energy management, or sustainable design.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data
- Commission and decommissioning of data sets
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including reporting requirements
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization
- Develop and generate reports from single or multiple systems
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards
- Performing analysis to assess data quality and make accurate interpretations
- Identifying and solving problems for the organization
- Using data analysis techniques to get practical information from raw data
- Communicating their findings to other managers and employees
- Advising in decision making
- Advise clients or colleagues on topics such as lighting specifications, energy modeling, data logging, sustainable design, or energy auditing.
- Analyze, interpret, or create graphical representations of energy data, using engineering software.
- Create processes for engineering designs or methods.
- Review architectural, lighting, or electrical plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency or determine economic, service, or engineering feasibility.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in computer science or engineering, or equivalent experience.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading a project team
- Work independently and proactively with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Lighting equipment awareness and basic specification ability
- A working knowledge of Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) documentation and experience using it as foundational reference for design process and integrating it into final design deliverables
- Ability to read and interpret photometric reports.
- Ability and comfort level to utilize Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, etc.) OR a strong work history using Microsoft Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and the ability to switch to Google Workspace products without concern for limiting your capabilities
- Experience reading and understanding print sets
- Prioritization and time-management skills
- Experience in the construction industry and/or in-depth knowledge of traditional construction/renovation processes, language and norms
- Attention to detail is your normal method of operating
- Effective in delegating tasks and collaborating on project objectives
- Strong computer skills and the ability and desire to learn now software applications
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills
Desired Experience and Competencies (must have some of the following)
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field
- 5-10+ years in lighting applications experience
- Experience with and working knowledge of lighting control systems
- Experience working on building lighting systems upgrades, especially energy retrofits
- Expertise utilizing Bluebeam, AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Production of construction drawings and shop drawings
- Experience completing take-offs and drawing markups
- AGI 32 AND/OR Visual software design expertise and experience; the ability to determine and manage other AGI 32 or Visual software specialists to the completion of professional lighting deliverables.
- Knowledge of InDesign and/or Adobe Photoshop
- Lighting Certifications (e.g. CLC, CLCP, CLD, CLEP, CLMC, CLMR etc.)
- LEED accreditation
- Experience and a working understanding of the building construction industry process for new or renovation of existing buildings (the latter being the focus of what we do)
- Previous experience working on energy savings performance contracts (ESPCs)
- Electrical experience beyond the luminaire
- GIS software experience
- Google Earth Pro experience
- Customer focus, customer focus, customer focus
- Unrelenting professionalism
- Actively contribute to a culture of collaboration, teamwork and continuous improvement
- Learn and actively contribute to improvement or overhaul of company standard operating procedures; If something is not working well we fix it, led by you
- Problem solving; all problems are discussed in the context of a proposed solutions
- Positive attitude
- Set deadlines and meet them
- Perform positional duties efficiently
- Communicate with leadership and other team members on needs/expectations
- Abide by all state and federal safety regulations
- Maintain all certification requirements. Submit new certifications prior to the expiration date
- Ability to lift as least 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 15-30% of the time
Get fresh Lighting Programmer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.