- $50,000 to $75,000 Yearly
NOW HIRING: Applications Engineer - LightEdison
LightEdison is searching for a dedicated Applications Engineer in Denver, CO or Memphis, TN to support a growing pipeline of LED conversion projects for city streets, municipal and commercial buildings, ballfields and even some solar installations.
LightEdison is a national renewable energy company with a simple mission: to improve the communities we live in and the planet we live on. We strive relentlessly toward this goal through the development, engineering, procurement, and construction of clean energy projects, with a strong focus on LED lighting, solar, and energy storage.As a development services provider, development capital investor and EPC contractor we offer best-in-class infrastructure to advance a sustainable future, seeking to dramatically improve human lives through clean energy.
LightEdison is committed to ongoing training and development of its Team Members to provide professional growth, increased responsibilities and leadership opportunities. Our Applications Engineers receive regular training opportunities to promote career advancement in a variety of avenues covering energy conservation, skills development (software, hardware, etc.), professional development, etc.
- $50,000 - $75,000 per year
Preferred Work Location:
- Memphis, TN
- Denver, CO
- Conduct energy audits to evaluate energy use and to identify conservation and cost reduction measures.
- Collect data for energy conservation analyses, using Jobsite observation, field inspections, or sub-metering.
- Monitor and analyze energy consumption.
- Support energy-related design or construction issues, such as energy engineering, energy management, or sustainable design.
- Assist in adhering to lighting criteria by use of a variety of technical tools.
- Support Project Engineer in establishing project objectives, procedures, data collection methods, and performance standards within lighting parameters.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data.
- Commission and decommissioning of data sets.
- Support and implement management and designing the reporting environment, including reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Develop and generate reports from single or multiple systems.
- Support end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Performing analysis to assess data quality and accurately interpret.
- Identifying and solving problems for the organization.
- Using data analysis techniques to get practical information from raw data.
- Communicating their findings to managers and employees.
- Analyze, interpret, or create graphical representations of energy data, using engineering software.
- Create processes for engineering designs or methods.
- Review architectural, lighting, or electrical plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency or determine economic, service, or engineering feasibility.
Desired Experience and Competencies (must have some of the following)
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field
- 0-5+ years in engineering applications experience
- Experience with and working knowledge of lighting and/or electrical systems
- Experience working on building lighting systems upgrades, especially energy retrofits
- Experience utilizing Bluebeam, AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Production of construction drawings and shop drawings
- Experience completing take-offs and drawing markups
- Experience utilizing AGI 32 and/or Visual software
- Lighting Certifications (e.g. CLC, CLCP, CLD, CLEP, CLMC, CLMR etc.)
- LEED accreditation
- Experience and a working understanding of the building construction industry process for new or renovation of existing buildings (the latter being the focus of what we do)
- Previous experience working on energy savings performance contracts (ESPCs)
- GIS software experience
- Google Earth Pro experience
- Customer focus, customer focus, customer focus
- Unrelenting professionalism
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
- Actively contribute to a culture of collaboration, teamwork and continuous improvement
- Learn and actively contribute to improvement or overhaul of company standard operating procedures; If something is not working well we fix it, led by you
- Problem solving; all problems are discussed in the context of a proposed solutions
- Positive attitude
- Set deadlines and meet them
- Perform positional duties efficiently
- Communicate with leadership and other team members on needs/expectations
- Abide by all state and federal safety regulations
- Maintain all certification requirements. Submit new certifications prior to the expiration date
- Ability to lift as least 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 15-30% of the time
TechnologyView All LightEdison Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.