BEHAVIORAL COACH JOB DESCRIPTION
Company Name: Light at Home
- Degree or experience in psychology/ behavioral health field. Bachelors degree and 1 year of full-time experience implementing behavioral interventions PREFERRED, or Associates degree, 2 years of full-time experience implementing behavioral interventions, or High School Diploma, 18 credit hours college credit in related field and 2 years of full-time experience with behavioral interventions. (Previous experience as a Psych Tech is a plus)
- Experience working with young adults with mental, emotional, and/or developmental disabilities
- Possess strong collaborative skills and problem-solving skills that will assist with the success of the client(s), effective people skills, verbal and written communication skills, and organization skills that support a multi-tasking position.
- Must have a flexible schedule to meet the support needs of client.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
25 year old HIGH FUNCTIONING male with schizoaffective disorder managed well by medication.
Work "in-home" with client to help improve the quality of their life, relationships, and interactions (through skill acquisition) and replace challenging behaviors by teaching and reinforcing desirable ones. This is done through assessment and function-based interventions and providing behavioral support to the client in the implementation of these interventions. Work is predominantly 1:1 with client. Work is also with the family and team members to collaboratives address the client’s behavior and needs through training/coaching.
Behavioral coaching can target a variety of areas:
- Following daily routines (to include workouts/physical activity)
- Independent living skills (especially hygiene)
- Building instructional control for task completion
- Anger management and self-regulation
- Building appropriate relationships/interactions with family members
- Increasing effective communication skills
- Crisis management strategies
- Appropriate community social interactions
- Maintain frequent communication with Director.
- Data collection on target behaviors and designated goals
- Documentation of daily progress notes
- Participation in the development and implementation of behavioral plan
- Implementing behavioral interventions with the client
- Assisting parents and team members in successfully applying the behavioral strategies outlined in the behavioral plan through coaching and support
- Attend and participate in supervision meetings and scheduled trainings
Contract position available. Compensation ranges from $12-$20 per hour based on experience.
Position is perfect for undergraduate student OR graduate student looking to earn experience and some extra money with a flexible schedule (8-15 hours per week.)
Position also includes FREE Crossfit membership to local gym if able to get client to attend a minimum of 2-3 days per week.