The Hygiene Assistant's (Dental Assistant I) primary responsibilities are to provide the patient with quality care and to provide the hygienist with quality assistance on patient procedures. The Hygiene Assistant has direct responsibility for patient's excellent experience and the patient retention while in the chair.
This position will be about 30-40 hours a week. Our office hours are from 7 am to 8 pm Monday through Thursday, Fridays 7 am to 5 pm, and Saturday 8 am to 2 pm - typically your schedule would be 3 to 4 days a week. For example: M, T, Th one week and then T, Th, F, S the next week.
- Assist the hygienist with all hygiene procedures including, but not limited to, take directions from hygienist and doctor, anticipate provider's needs, take, develop and mount accurate and high-quality X-rays, various laboratory duties.
- Perform efficiently to help maintain hygienist's schedule and patient flow; create "no patient wait time;" maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Review patient chart prior to doctor arrival and log appropriate patient data during exam and treatment as well as transcribe doctor notes
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow OSHA and company safety policies and procedures
- Promote and market the company's services, retail products and doctors to patients as well as educate patients and address their questions and/or concerns
- Verify patient health history (basic health review, medications, understanding impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient's chart.
- Complete checklists as assigned.
- Clean and prepare operatory per company procedures prior to patient appointment
- Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines
- Scheduling patients' follow up visits
- Other duties apply.
- Current radiography certification
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation preferred
We offer a great benefits package to include health and dental benefits, 401K, holiday pay and vacation