Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
- Expired: October 22, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Since 1952, Light of Life Rescue Mission has been a safe refuge for homeless and hurting people in the Pittsburgh area. The organization is currently seeking an experienced professional to direct marketing and public relations for Light of Life.Will be responsible for marketing, branding and public relations. Reporting to the Director of Development and working closely with the leadership team as well as the Board, will manage and evaluate all internal and external communications in various forms through media, written communication, giving tours, etc. Light of Life Ministries, Inc. has an operating budget of $7.9 million, 69 dedicated employees, a skilled Board of Directors, and is in the midst of a capital campaign.
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy that generates measurable results and allows Light of Life to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted audiences, key influencers, donors, volunteers, and local media.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders including donors, volunteers and public officials, and collaborate with them to enhance the organization's brand and fundraising efforts.
- Manage the creation of all communication materials including media correspondence, quarterly newsletters, weekly/monthly emails, brochures, and other donor correspondence; manage vendors whose services are required to complete projects. Includes oversight of website content and social media strategy and implementation.
- Assist the Director of Development in managing the Development team.
- Will be the initial and primary media contact.
Due to the interface with the clients, all jobs at Light of Life require employees to:
- Walk alongside clients as a disciple of Christ and share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with them through actions and words.
- Establish mutual trust and create a safe, authentic environment so that the clients continue to mature in Christ.
- Serve the clients in a Christlike manner and practice a self-evaluative lifestyle.
- Resolve all issues in ways that promote the principles of Light of Life while following the processes described in the LOL staff manual.
- Exhibit love for Jesus Christ, the staff, and the clients.
- Study the Christian Bible and apply the knowledge received/revealed to job duties and clients' specific issues.
- Help the clients make choices that are justifiably in their eternal best interest.
- Practice Christlike stewardship of all resources.
- Model personal responsibility, accountability, timely reporting and a self-evaluative lifestyle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Creative and competent decision-maker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and all levels of the organization
- Strategizes and executes plans and projects effectively
- Excellent time-management skills and strong judgement skills
- Excellent computer skills including cloud-based software
- Master's degree in communication, marketing or related field, or bachelor's with commensurate experience; human services experience a plus
- 5-10 years' experience in marketing, media relations, crisis media
- Public speaking, fundraising, and event management experience
- Five to ten years of increasing responsibility with management at a nonprofit organization
Light of Life Ministries Inc offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision and other valuable benefits, which begin the first of the month following employment. Light of Life also offers a retirement plan with match program after 6 months of employment.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter with their resume.
Light Of Life Rescue Mission
BusinessView all jobs at Light Of Life Rescue Mission