Care Support Specialist
Light Of Life Rescue Mission Pittsburgh, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Light of Life Rescue Mission is seeking a full-time Care Support Specialist. This position requires the candidate to work during the weekend daylight shifts and also be comfortable with flexible evening and daylight shifts during the regular work week.
Light of Life is looking for an individual who is able to understand and adhere to Light of Life's principles. This individual will work with people in varied circumstances related to homelessness, recovery, and mental illness.
These responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the daily operations of our Men's Residential Program, High Commitment Shelter, Emergency Shelter, Meal
- Ministry, as well as other associated outreach functions
- Monitor the building and its residents
- Transporting clients
- Securing donations
- Data entry
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills, adept at building relationships with diverse groups of clients and volunteers
- Must be able to handle crisis and unexpected situations with calm and clear thinking
- Must model personal responsibility, accountability, timely reporting, and a self-evaluative lifestyle
- PA Driver's License with clean driving record required
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol recovery and mental illness preferred
Light of Life Ministries Inc offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision and other valuable benefits, which begin the first of the month following employment. Light of Life also offers a retirement plan with match program after 6 months of employment.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter with their resume.