RN provides direct psychiatric nursing care to consumers receiving services through the Clinical Care Services Division. This position is responsible for providing timely and clinically appropriate interventions, assessment, referrals, and assistance with health and medication issues that adhere to the standards of LifeWays, Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS), , Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), and within the scope of licensing practices. This position requires the ability to foster positive engagement with consumers that will assist them on their path to recovery. The RN will work within the team to ensure adequate coverage of nursing duties to meet consumer needs in both counties.
- Monitors care alerts, and acts upon them as needed to improve consumer health.
- Administers and monitors medication as ordered by the psychiatrists; complete document tracking within established timeframes.
- Responsible for completing accurate Integrated Health Assessments and following up on any integrated care needs in a timely manner.
- Provides, assessment, and interventions to consumers to correct medication or integrated health dif
- Attend to face-to-face encounters within timeliness standards.
- Provides support to the Clinical Care Division for any interventions requiring medication administration or to assess possible emergent health concerns.
- Attends to the calls regarding prescriptions and any other non-urgent nursing calls within timeliness standards.
- Provides needed assistance to consumers including prescriptions, referrals, lab work and other needs as identified.
- Assure Tele-Med equipment is functional and area is free of clutter.
- Responsible for administering the lab procedure and monitoring of Clozaril labs and documenting in appropriate database.
- Documents all work within the Electronic Health Record by end of shift.
- Provides primary case holders appropriate objectives/interventions and updates regarding individual plans of service.
- For meds only, ensures all consumers have an active treatment plan based on assessment.
- For meds only consumers, makes appropriate referrals within network when appropriate for service needs.
- Documents face to face interactions in proper documentation format GIRPP relating services to identified goal/objective in the IPOS.
- Responsible for keeping monthly inventory of on-site medications, alerting the supervisor of ordering needs, and ensuring that the medication remain in double lock security status.
- Covers other sites as requested. Travel is required and generally occurs in Jackson and Hillsdale counties, but travel within the State of Michigan may be necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in nursing, required.
- RN license in good standing with the State of Michigan, required.
- Credentialing requirements for ongoing clinical privileges with LifeWays.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) Number, upon hire.
- CPI non-violent Crisis Intervention training, upon hire.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid Training, upon hire
- Mental Health Frist Aid Training, upon hire
- Must have reliable transportation*
*LifeWays vehicles are provided to employees with a valid MI motor vehicle operator's license for the purpose of transporting consumers. Personal vehicles may be used for company business when drivers meet the following; valid MI motor vehicle operator's license and proof of personal vehicle insurance in accordance to guideline.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, preferred.
LifeWays inspires hope and promotes life-enhancing recovery.
We envision a fully integrated healthcare network that supports individuals in our community to reach their full potential.
We value exceptional service, person-centered care, innovation, integrity, strategic partnerships, and compassion.
We Serve Jackson and Hillsdale County Residents:
Adults with Mental Illness
Persons with an Intellectual/Developmental Disability
Persons with a Co-Occurring Disorder
Youth with Serious Emotional Disturbances
Uninsured (on a case by case basis)
Underinsured (on a case by case basis)
If you would like more information about LifeWays, who we serve, and how we operate, please call our Customer Services department at 517.780.3332 or contact us through our Contact page at https://www.lifewayscmh.org/About-LifeWays