Under the direction of the Strategic Relations, Director and 2-1-1 Manager along with the day to day supervision from the 2-1-1 Supervisor, ensures that phones are answered, accurate information provided and calls are triaged appropriately. This position is responsible for exceptional customer service and support to consumers, LifeWays staff, network providers, and the community. This position also provides follow up calls for various projects.
- Responds to telephone inquiries concerning the availability of services provided by the public, community resources and LifeWays.
- Collects, enters and updates caller information into appropriate electronic record systems in compliance with contract and reporting requirements stipulated by funding partners.
- Provides outbound calls utilizing motivational interviewing techniques to follow up with callers who have recently accessed services, enhance engagement in services and empower callers with information and referrals for various initiatives.
- Works independently and collaboratively with team toward achieving program dashboard (quality assurance) goals.
- Serves as a backup for Information and Referral Specialist, as needed.
- Associate's degree in related field.
- CIRS (Certified for Information & Referral Specialist) upon hire
- Mental Health First Aid Training, upon hire
- Must have reliable transportation*
*LifeWays vehicles are provided to employees for the purpose of transporting consumers; employees must possess a valid MI motor vehicle operator's license and verification of an acceptable driving record. Personal vehicles may be used for company business when drivers meet the following; valid MI motor vehicle operator's license and proof of personal vehicle insurance in accordance to guideline.