Working as the psychology staff serving adults with a wide variety developmental and intellectual disabilities. Responsible for oversight of all psychological and behavioral issues and matters within the residence and/or day program. Required to perform functional behavioral analysis as needed, data collection, development of behavior support/monitoring plans and staff guidelines for individual’s with behavioral and emotional challenges. Oversight of all psychiatric medication, writing psychiatric consults if applicable, and act as liaison between community psychiatrist and residence or program. Perform crisis intervention and be available for emergency calls.
Responsible to work cooperatively and collaborate with residential and program management and staff. Provide in-services and training to staff on psychological topics and interest areas. Attend and participate in staff meetings, semi-annual and annual meetings. Develop and strengthen a clinical milieu within the residence and program. Opportunity to participate in the monthly Human Rights Committee meetings.Duties and responsibilities may expand and change based upon the clinical need of programs. Candidate must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, have strong communication and writing skills. This is a FT and PT non-union position.
Location in a Queens Day Program, no travel.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Masters degree in psychology or related field preferred. Experience working with development and intellectual disabilities preferred.
- Proper and adequate evaluation of program participants intellectual and emotional functioning, proper and adequate evaluation, treatment and development of program participants behavior support plans, monitoring plans for psychiatric medications, and/or staff guidelines.
- Provide individual and group therapy and crisis intervention as needed.
- Member of the interdisciplinary program planning team and the individual treatment planning process.
- Assist the team in developing the most appropriate plan to meet the program participants' developmental and emotional needs.
- Maintain adequate, complete and up to date records and other documentation as specified by the Program Director and serve as program participants' coordinator.
- Other responsibilities include performing functional behavior analysis, data collection, direct observation of individuals, staff trainings and in-services.