Director, Channel Sales, North America
- Posted: over a month ago
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
You are a business leader with a strong track record of driving partner alliances and channel sales at high growth, high ambition organizations. You enjoy building thriving partner ecosystems. You understand the power of the channel to unlock market potential and better serve customers. You combine go-to-market acumen with hands-on engagement and execution urgency to consistently deliver results. You’ve read Liferay’s vision statement and can see how helping people “reach their full potential to serve others” can be extended to the channel. You know that building deep relationships with partners with similar values and helping them generate healthy revenue streams makes them and Liferay grow.
- Analyze existing channel organization in North America, forge go-to-market strategy, establish cross organization alignment and identify areas for additional investment / resource allocation
- Expand partnership routes to market by developing a comprehensive Partner Acquisition strategy taking into account current partner ecosystem and unique market requirements
- Co-own the channel sales revenue and pipeline target in the region and work collaboratively with the Regional Sales Vice President, Sales Manager and the Channel Account Managers to drive attainment
- Implement a data-driven, sales focused partner management approach that motivates and rewards Partners for sourcing new business
- Build a high performing channel sales team that consistently meets or exceeds annual sales targets
- Accelerate revenue growth, programmatically driving scale, velocity and repeatability
- Identify, develop and build strong relationships with new and existing channel partners - consulting firms/system integrators, ISVs, OEMs, and MSPs.
- Implement metrics-based business plans that sustain alignment with partners/stakeholders
- Dynamically educate channel partners on Liferay including selling best practices, technology solutions, platform roadmap, operational and partner program changes
- Management and oversight of all internal change management and education of the Direct Sales organization on co-selling with partners / identifying opportunities with partners
- Identify and influence all levels of channel partner organizations including sellers, operations, engineering, client support and executive leadership
- Understand the positioning of Liferay and competitors to be able to lead thoughtful discussion on why they should invest their selling efforts on our software
- Establish strong working relationships internally across Direct Sales, Marketing, Product, Global Services
- Provide clear, concise updates to leadership regarding key program initiatives, performance and overall strategy
- Provide deal strategy, support and resources to channel partners to drive pipeline and sales
- Prepare and participate in weekly forecast calls and quarterly business reviews
- Willingness to travel (50%)
What you’ll likely need to be successful
- 10+ years of channel management experience with a track record of accelerating revenue growth, programmatically driving scale, velocity, and repeatability
- Robust network and experience building and maintaining strategic alliances with partner/channel organizations - consulting firms/system integrators, distributors, MSPs, ISVs, OEMs
- Experience selling PaaS/SaaS with a proven track record of beating revenue targets
- Ability to develop and manage a sales pipeline, as well as oversee team KPIs
- Demonstrated success in implementing metrics-based business plans and sustaining alignment with partners
- Experience building high performing Channel Sales teams and collaborating across extended organizations
- Experience forging go-to-market strategy, drafting resource plans, and driving operational execution for partnerships and strategic initiatives
- Ability to coordinate efforts of multiple teams and team members to achieve common goals
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Creative, resourceful and a quick learner
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.
BusinessView all jobs at Liferay, Inc.