Liferay Chicago, IL
- Posted: July 22, 2021
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino's, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don't just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they're excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we're also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As a Data Engineer at Liferay you will be joining a team tasked with maintaining data sets, building out infrastructure to help data analysts succeed, as well as championing new methods that allow for more advanced analytics. Liferay is stepping into Data Driven culture and you will build the systems that allow that to happen!
- Maintain data that helps our internal teams to gain insights on how to best serve our customers.
- Bring in new data sets that help drive analytics across the organization.
- Maintain critical data systems from ETL/ELT, Data Warehouse, BI Tools, and everything in between.
- Build and maintain systems that will help Data Analysts with advanced analytics.
- Help grow and champion the use of data driven decision making with the Liferay organization.
- Analyze requirements from Data Analysts and provide solutions or guidance for solutions.
- Assist departments without Data Analysts with reports or analysis with a priority on Human Resources and Marketing.
- 2+ years of relevant experience with a BS/BA in Computer Science/Information Systems or 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Python, Java or similar languages.
- Proficient at writing SQL for MySQL, Google BigQuery or similar database.
- Proficient with ELT/ETL and Data Warehousing development.
- Proficient in Tableau or similar Business Intelligence tools.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Google BigQuery and Matillion.
- Experience with Git or similar VCS.
- Experience working within the Scrum framework.
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.
TechnologyView all jobs at Liferay