Senior Accountant - Posting #23-020
- Over a month ago
- $70,000 to $85,000 Yearly
Lifeline Connections is a not-for-profit agency that is recognized as a leading behavioral health treatment provider in Washington State, offering a full continuum of care for individuals who have a behavioral health condition. Lifeline Connections' patients receive an unprecedented level of care from highly skilled professionals who know how to help people find and sustain long-term recovery. For over sixty years Lifeline Connections has provided hope, help and healing to thousands of individuals in Washington State and within the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Senior Accountant – Posting #23-020
DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Senior Accountant is an integral part of the Accounting and Finance Department and makes a significant contribution to the success of Lifeline Connections. In this position you will work with the other members of the accounting and management teams to analyze information, maintain accurate and complete records, provide complex analysis, modeling, and planning functions, and responsible for maintaining and updating FTE allocations. The Senior Accountant will have strong communication skills and possess great attention to detail in a multitasking environment. Duties will include:
- Prepare monthly journal entries and accruals.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
- Prepare monthly department financials.
- Review contracts and oversee grant awards; Monitor and responsible for expenditures and revenues for compliance and to maximize opportunities within contracts and partnerships.
- Track and report on grants in accordance with contracts.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of annual budget process for the organization and departments.
- Support and train department managers and program directors on the budgeting and variance processes; Develop appropriate budgets per program/department and make recommendations for how managers and directors can adhere their respective budgets.
- Deliver presentations to managers and executives as needs arise.
- Provide exemplary customer service internally and externally;
- Maintain and update FTE allocations at least monthly and/or as needed.
- Assist in quarterly and annual audits.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned by CFO and as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Accounting, or Finance and at least five years of related accounting/finance experience.
- Ability to apply knowledge of GAAP and work closely with the accounting team to apply GAAP.
- Excellent spreadsheet and word processing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve, analyze accounts, and provide written documentation of analysis and make independent decisions of significant impact or consequence.
- Ability to communicate project status and issues to CFO in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in an environment with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to research rules and laws relevant to the work and analyze impact on the organization.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to prepare detailed analysis with ad-hoc requests, with a minimum of supervision.
- Skill in organization and demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, shifting priorities and meet changing deadlines.
- Ability to analyze, organize, and interpret data from various sources accurately, draw logical conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
Salary: $70,000-$85,000/year DOE
To apply electronically for this position please click "Apply Now" or visit our ADP career center. For more information on this and other positions, please visit our website at www.lifelineconnections.org
Lifeline Connections is striving to be your employer of choice by offering our regular/full-time employees a generous benefits package. The plan covers 85% of medical, dental, and vision costs at the employee level and 75% for all dependent plans. The majority of out-of-pocket costs for co-pays, prescriptions, and deductible under the medical plan are also covered. We also have employer paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and supplemental coverages.
Our full-time employees and some part-time employees also qualify for our 401(K) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 5%. On top of all that, our full-time employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid time off during their first year of employment (accrual rates increase with years of service), as well as 1 personal holiday and 12 paid holidays per year!
There are many other supplemental benefits we are glad to offer such as tuition reimbursement and discounted cellular service amongst others.
Send us your resume and let's talk about you joining our team!
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Lifeline Connections
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?