Lifeline Connections is a not-for-profit agency that is recognized as a leading behavioral health treatment provider in Washington State, offering a full continuum of care for individuals who have a behavioral health condition. Lifeline Connections' patients receive an unprecedented level of care by highly skilled professionals who know how to help people find and sustain long-term recovery. For over fifty years Lifeline Connections has provided hope, help and healing to thousands of individuals in Washington State and within the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Nursing Assistant / Medical Assistant - #19-001
The CNA/MA provides shift coverage, medical management and case management of patients in the Sobering and Withdrawal Management units. In providing these services, the incumbent performs the following duties:
• Taking vitals (blood-pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration) per unit protocol;
• Conducts admissions screening pursuant to Physician's Standing Orders and Sobering Unit Policies and Procedures;
• Obtaining routine lab samples not requiring laboratory personnel.
• Conduct observed medication pass as needed;
• Develops treatment referrals;
• Infection control. Every medical employee is responsible for infection control, but because of the constant contact the CNA/MA has with patients, it is critical for the CNA/MA to know and follow proper protocol in avoiding the spread of germs and spores which transport disease;
• Observation and reporting. Observing the patient and surroundings assists the nurse to assess the progress of the patient as well as any needs the patient might have for medical intervention. The certified nursing assistant will also observe and remove any potential hazards which could cause accidents;
• Intake paperwork;
• Provides discharge planning;
• Monitors client's vitals per Physician's Standing Orders;
• Completes charting requirements per Sobering Unit policy;
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills Required by the Position:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Current CNA or MA credential in the state of Washington;
• Possess a working understanding of the detoxification process and the signs and symptoms that warrant transfer to a medically supervised detox center, urgent care, or emergency department;
• Current CPR/1st Aid certification required;
• Current unencumbered driver license and proof of current car insurance required;
• Understand the forms, stages, and manifestations of addictive behavior preferred;
• Have the ability to write detailed progress notes;
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing;
• Great attendance;
• Ability to work well with others.
Employees working in the inpatient unit get one free meal with every shift worked!
* There are Full Time, Part Time, & On-Call positions available.
* Must be able to work Grave shifts.
* There is a sign-on bonus offered for this position!
Submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. We will only accept resumes with a cover letter specifying the position title and posting number of the position you are applying for. For more information on this and other positions, please visit our website at www.lifelineconnections.org
Lifeline Connections is striving to be your employer of choice by offering our regular/full time employees a generous benefits package. The plan covers over 75% of medical, dental, and vision costs for the employee and all dependents. There are no out-of-pocket costs for co-pays, prescriptions, or deductible under the medical plan. We also have employer paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and a 401(K) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 4%. On top of all that, our employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid time off during their first year of employment (accrual rates increase with years of service), as well as 3 personal holidays and 10 paid holidays per year!
Send us your resume and let's talk about you joining our team!