Lifeline Connections is a not-for-profit agency that is recognized as a leading behavioral health treatment provider in Washington State, offering a full continuum of care for individuals who have a behavioral health condition. Lifeline Connections' patients receive an unprecedented level of care by highly skilled professionals who know how to help people find and sustain long-term recovery. For over fifty years Lifeline Connections has provided hope, help and healing to thousands of individuals in Washington State and within the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Crisis LPN – Sign on Bonus - Posting #20-009
The Crisis LPN works under the supervision of the Program Director and RN Supervisor. This position provides health assessments to determine admission appropriateness of each participant seeking services at the Crisis Stabilization and Triage Center. The Crisis LPN also coordinates primary care within the community, provides management and administration of medication in conjunction with the prescriber, and provides specialized crisis intervention and short-term intervention services to adults and older adults experiencing an acute behavioral health crisis, with the goal of crisis stabilization within the least restrictive setting. In fulfilling these duties, the incumbent performs the following duties independently:
• Participate in initial and ongoing psychosocial assessment of the goals and needs of participants.
• Assist in development and implementation of a multidisciplinary service plan in collaboration with the participant, team, and others at the participant’s request.
• Under the direction of the RN supervisor and prescriber, develop, revise, maintain, and monitor team psychopharmacologic and medical treatment including administering, monitoring, and recording psychotropic medications prescribed by the prescriber.
• Monitor and chart psychotropic medication effectiveness, complications, and side effects; and arrange for required lab work according to protocol.
• Conduct regular assessments of therapeutic responses to prescribed psychotropic medications, and complications and side effects.
• Triage medical complaints with RN supervisor and/or prescriber.
• Educate participants regarding medications.
• Provide behavioral health care with respect for individual confidentiality, safety and self-determination.
• Complete all required documentation in an accurate, complete, and timely manner per agency policies and procedures.
• Participate in the implementation of agency tracking systems and chart audit procedures.
• Take the initiative to seek supervisory or collegial assistance with follow-through or methodology if problems with documentation quality or timeliness persist.
• Independently identify program needs and take responsibility for realizing those needs through collective processes.
• Actively contribute to program development by participating in agency meetings, serving on working committees, and undertaking agreed upon independent projects for the improvement of the agency and enhancement of services.
• Ensure own professional development and maintain licensure and/or certification requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree in nursing required. (High school diploma or equivalent required);
• Current WA state LPN license required;
• At least one year of work experience in an inpatient or outpatient psychiatric setting.
• Must have a strong commitment to the right and ability of each person with a severe and persistent mental illness to live in normal community residences; work in market jobs; and have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services.
• Be willing to seek to understand each individual’s unique circumstances and personal preferences and goals and incorporate them into the crisis response to help individuals regain a sense of control.
• Understand and support the Living Room Model of service delivery-specifically that MHPs, LPNs, and RNs are not the primary support in the CSC.
• Have a strong understanding of recovery and resilience, the value of partnerships and individual choice, and the balance between protection from harm and personal dignity.
• Interest or experience in working with individuals who are difficult to engage and maintain in traditional behavioral health programs.
• Subscribe to the philosophy of cooperation and continuity across programs and of consideration and respect for individuals.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals displaying a wide range of unpleasant and/or bizarre behaviors.
• Demonstrated knowledge regarding the management of challenging behaviors.
• Competency in adult psychopathology and pharmacology; clinical treatments of dual diagnosis clients and of substance use and addictions, individual crisis intervention and psychotherapy; professional ethics, and individual rights.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Great attendance.
• Ability to work well with others.
• This position requires shift work and requires the ability to work within a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
Salary: $22 to $26 per hour + Sign on bonus!
*On-Call and Part Time also available!
Submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. We will only accept resumes with a cover letter specifying the position title and posting number of the position you are applying for. For more information on this and other positions, please visit our website at www.lifelineconnections.org
Lifeline Connections is striving to be your employer of choice by offering our regular/full time employees a generous benefits package. The plan covers over 75% of medical, dental, and vision costs for the employee and all dependents. There are no out-of-pocket costs for co-pays, prescriptions, or deductible under the medical plan. We also have employer paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and a 401(K) plan that matches dollar for dollar up to 4%. On top of all that, our employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid time off during their first year of employment (accrual rates increase with years of service), as well as 3 personal holidays and 10 paid holidays per year!
Send us your resume and let's talk about you joining our team!
Why Work Here?
Great benefits and room for growth!