Behavioral Health Outreach – VISTA
Assignment Description: Lifeline Connection’s goal is to help low income clients achieve sustained recovery from mental health and substance use disorders, including opiods, which can lead to economic improvement, financial self-sufficiency, and improved quality of life. The VISTA will build relationships with community partners to increase access to healthcare those with behavioral health disorders. They will recruit and support interns from colleges and universities as well as volunteers to expand the capacity of the organization. Additionally, they will perform marketing and fundraising activities to strengthen the organization’s capacity to sustain interns/volunteers, and community engagement following the end of the project.
• Increase access to treatment for low-income people with behavioral health disorders by building relationships with community social service partners to increase access to healthcare, health insurance, and health benefit programs for low-income people who have substance use and/or mental health disorders
• Work with Lifeline Marketing Department, to develop a comprehensive outreach plan to increase community awareness of new mental health and substance abuse resources.
• Perform fundraising activities to strengthen the organization’s capacity to sustain interns, volunteers, and community engagement following the end of the VISTA project.
• Leverage community resources to increase access to community supports for low-income people with behavioral health disorders to sustain recovery and lift self/families out of poverty
• Recruit and support interns from local colleges and universities to expand the capacity of the organization to provide treatment for low-income people with behavioral health disorders
• Recruit and train volunteers to help low-income people with behavioral health disorders achieve and sustain recovery
• High School diploma required;
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; 3 years of experience required in lieu of degree
• Resourceful; ability to problem-solve
• Takes initiative; self-starter
• Organized and follows through; good attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Works well with other people
• Has lived experience with recovery; believes in recovery
Length of Assignment: 1 Year
*Volunteer position with monthly stipend and education award at end of service.
Please see link: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/recruit/registration.do
Submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. We will only accept resumes with a cover letter specifying the position title and posting number of the position you are applying for. For more information on this and other positions, please visit our website at www.lifelineconnections.org