PURPOSE: Works with Transition Aged Youth (ages 15 to 25) experiencing severe mental illness and/or behavioral problems. Provides support for housing search and placement (apartment searching, applications, credit checks, etc), and offers support to clients with their independent living skills (budgeting, household maintenance, grocery shopping, meal preparation, etc). Provides advocacy and education within the community regarding the effect of mental illness on this age group and its impact on independence and/or stable housing. Services are offered in office, community based or home visit setting.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or a mental health related field OR a minimum of 3 years of prior experience with the related population in the counseling field (QMHA) required.
- Requires access to a car, a valid driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage and ability to meet LifeWorks NW driving requirements.
- Prefer one additional year of experience in the behavioral health field working with people with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessment, treatment and service terminology; program policies and procedures for services and supports identified in an Individual Services and Supports Plan.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally-competent treatment services to diverse client populations and maintain a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Knowledge of community resources enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system required.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community.
LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09
Job Posted by ApplicantPro