- Portland, OR, USA
- Full Time
Email Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
At LifeWorks NW we support people who are working towards a better life. From keeping children safe and building stronger families to our integrated approach that combines behavioral and primary healthcare, we provide essential services that make our community healthier.
Purpose: The Accounting Assistant will assist with daily financial and administrative duties and provide overall support to the Finance department.
Days/Hours:This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Daytime hours, Monday through Friday.
Pay/Benefits:$18.93 to $20.59 per hour.Full benefits.
- Prepare vendor check run; Input check requests into accounting system. Print and mail checks. File checks in electronic vendor files.
- Verify completeness and accuracy of check requests/invoices including coding, required back-up documentation, and proper authorization.
- Track and reconcile credit card and vendor statements/accounts. Ensure timely payment of balances due.
- Update and maintain general ledger accounts. Input, upload, and post journal entries.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, post cash receipts, and reconcile site deposits.
- Conduct periodic cash receipt and disbursement audits
- Assist in month/year-end closings and fiscal year-end audit.
- Monitor and respond to department email inbox. Check and respond to individual email and voicemail throughout workday.
- Assist with overseeing finance clerks and interns. Back-up duties as needed.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Other various accounting projects as needed.
- Continually increases level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Completes tasks accurately within defined timeframes with minimal supervision.
- Consistently helps cover for co-workers when needed and willingly accepts and follows through with other tasks as needed.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department's call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor. Attend informational and clinical meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- High School diploma or equivalent and knowledge of basic accounting principles demonstrated by one year of college level education and/or prior work experience in related field.
- Flexibility to adapt to situations and work varied hours; possibly working weekends or evenings.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Good mathematical background.
- Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced ever-changing work environment.
- Good computer skills including a working knowledge of Excel and functional knowledge of Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software. Ability to use 10-key.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and verbal) and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
JOB CODE/NUMBER: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT/1172558
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09